It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to my country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I was born in a country that knew no limits, achieved the impossible, and was not afraid to back down from a challenge. I was born in a United States where families were united and communities helped eachother. I want our old country back. The country where the citizens celebrate their war heros and give them respect for fighting for our country. What has happened to our values, morals and commen sense? Our country has become so used. Foreigners come here, get their free education and start on life, and then turn around and bad mouth the country and get disgusted when a fellow American posts a flag in their office. Our economy is in ruins from people infatuated with having it all, creating a bubble that just popped because they can't afford it. I want the country that people didn't have to worry about the government wire tapping them or reading their conversations.

What do you want back?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think we should abandon it and start a new direct democracy. We need a new classical era. I think we should all realize that a government of rulers is not what we need but that we are capable of ruling ourselves much in the same way our government has done when we were all doing well. But now the veil is off the government, and, we see it for what it is now.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The hatred of Americans toward other groups of Americans stole your country's strength.

The unjust wars stole your country's stability.

The greedy and powerful traitors stole your country's already stolen wealth.

The hatred toward the powerless stole your country's heart.

The cowardly acceptance of the Clinton and Bush governments legislating away your freedoms, driven by fear from obviously false-flag "terrorist" events, has stolen your country's soul.

But the jingoistic, chauvinistic, blustering, warmongering America of old, run by greed and seething with hatred toward poor people and foreigners, is still alive and well under its blood-soaked blanket of self imposed ignorance.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
When I was a kid growing up in the UK, I was obsessed with the USA I
wanted to be American. I loved all my holidays to America, LA, Las Vegas, Death Valley The Grand Canyon. I always found Americans to be really friendly and polite, everything was so much bigger and better than what we had in the UK. Even through the 1st Gulf war. I was loving all the American hardware. I was the only kid at school to collect the Gulf war cards that came in a pack of six with a bit of chewing gum.

it was 2001 when it all went wrong for me. It was the Bush admin that really messed things up for you guys.

top topics

join