It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled Media? The top story on CNN.com doesn't make any sense... any theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Teen left home with dog, but only dog returned

It was a typical November day in 1971 when an eighth-grader left her house in a sleepy New Hampshire town with her pet dog. Later that evening her dog returned home acting frantic, family members said. The little girl's body was found the next day, beaten, raped, strangled and run over by a car repeatedly. full story

www.cnn.com...

Okay... I read the story, and this is a unsolved case of a BRUTAL murder that happened in 1971. Out of all the the things going on in the world today, CNN feels the need to make the TOP STORY of their home page about a girl who was murdered in the most horrific way possible.

1971 people... What's the point of making this the TOP STORY?

Well, I have a theory... This is Fear Mongering at it's best.

The 40 year-old single mother with two teenage daughters suddenly feels a little bit more afraid today. Little does she know, CNN just programmed her with propaganda and fear tactics. (and if they keep shoving stories like this in their faces... The fear keeps growing.)

We have North Korea testing nukes, Pakistan in complete chaos, Israel wanting to attack Iran, and several other current events that CNN could cover as their TOP STORY... but No...

CNN want's to remind you to be afraid when you take your dog for a walk. CNN wants you to afraid of letting your teenage children go out and play.

Read the summary again... This is how they program people to have fear...

The little girl's body was found the next day, beaten, raped, strangled and run over by a car repeatedly.

You know... I could understand why this could be the TOP STORY if this happened a few years ago, but this took place in 1971...

And again, I feel the need to repeat myself... Out of all events taking place in the world... CNN wants us to read about sick and twisted murder that took place in 1971.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Who can say what cnn thinks! I hit the home page and for the life of me I don't understand the reason for this either. They should call it DDN, distraction, disinformation network.

Granted it is a tragic case and I could see it being the lead story on the crime page, but the home page?????

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Am I the only person who thinks it is stupid to be looking for a murderer from 38 years ago?
I mean, assuming it was an average-aged killer, as I don't think there were many teenage murderers back then, he would have been maybe 30ish when he did it.
If he led such a violent life, he is probably dead by now anyways.
Or even if he isn't he would be in his 60s!

link   
The ACTUAL top story on Cnn.com right now is:

GOP walks fine line in opposing Sotomayor

The Republican Party risks further alienation from Hispanics by challenging the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor, who would become the first Hispanic, and third woman, on the Supreme Court. On Tuesday, President Obama nominated 54-year-old Sotomayor -- who is of Puerto Rican descent -- to replace the retiring Justice David Souter.

The "Teen left home with dog and met killer" teen story is just part of a Nancy Grace Cold Case series they are doing.

CHILL OUT

Stories change hourly bro, we don't ned the drum beat on 24/7 on your particular topic de jour

link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. Semi-subconcious fear mongering. Trying to set a general feeling of uneasiness without touching on any current events. Sounds somewhat strategic to me.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
if this is the top story now or not, the main thing is the media has always been about fear mongering scar tactics for subconscious mind control.

just look how the Media reports things in blocks.

for a while it was school shootings, practically ever school had a shooting or warnings of one, and then all of a sudden it stopped.

then it went to child kidnapping, kids were being taken all over the place, and then all of a sudden it stopped. do you think children are not being kidnapped anymore?

they push there fear monger tactics until there Agenda has been passed, even if you don't hear about the agenda, or you don't feel the effects of it right away, it happening, and is a set up for a later date

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
The ACTUAL top story on Cnn.com right now is:

GOP walks fine line in opposing Sotomayor

The "Teen left home with dog and met killer" teen story is just part of a Nancy Grace Cold Case series they are doing.

CHILL OUT

Stories change hourly bro, we don't ned the drum beat on 24/7 on your particular topic de jour

Look..., CNN is the only MSM site I go to... I know they they change the TOP STORY every hour or so... But I've never seen a story as ridiculous as that make the Home Page.

CNN is also the only News network I watch at home...

We all know Fox News is Faux News...

But I've been studying CNN for awhile now... And they are much more clever at hiding the fact they they are pure disinformation and propaganda...

FOX on the other hand... makes it obvious. (except to the idiots that are far Right)

One thing I have noticed about both networks is Fox has Greta Van Sustren, and CNN has Nancy Grace... Both of them primarily focus on kidnappings and murders. We all know violence and crime gets ratings but:

I just thought it was ridiculous that they had to explore a murder that happened 38 years ago... Did they pick this murder because it was so VIOLENT & HORRIFIC? .... and let alone... how that was the TOP STORY for even one hour is unexplainable.

While I'm at it... I'd like to thank ATS for doing a better job than the MSM.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I call it Capitalism!!!!

Its what sells!!!!!!

The average American likes their Dateline or 48 Hours Mystery. They like the courtroom cases and unsolved murders and disappearances. You know, the average 40 year old single mother with two teenager daughters is not as concerned about NAFTA as she is if her neighborhood is safe.

Do I think the MSM has an agenda? OF COURSE

If it Fear-Mongering? Maybe....ITS MAKING MONEY and if that is what fear-mongering does....bring it on!!!!!

The only media outlet that in controlled in a sinister way regarding agenda is the FOX/SKY empire and apart from that....its all ratings and profit.

Sad, but true.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Look..., CNN is the only MSM site I go to... I know they they change the TOP STORY every hour or so... But I've never seen a story as ridiculous as that make the Home Page.

Out of site out of mind huh?
...Not being so obvious makes it easier for you to pretend that you are being informed, instead of the media propaganda that you ARE absorbing. The MSM has accomplished it's goal perfectly in your case. They have convinced you to choose between two opposing sides, both of which are spewing propaganda that is controlled. They cannot loose as long as you keep watching and absorbing controlled information.

DISCLAIMER: the above does not mean that all MSM news is a lie, on the contrary, there is plenty of real information presented. The trick is to thoroughly filter out the slants and outright propaganda. Then checking all the other non-MSM sources for comparisons, and hopefully averaging out something more accurate.

Next,

My first question would be, why would they cycle a story this old on their front page?

These things happen all the time, why this one?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
just did a google search of the girl, "kathy gloddy" and it appears she has a myspace page, her body was exhumed in 2006 in a re-opened investigation. I dont know why ccn would be covering it except out of respect for all the people trying to re-open cold cases and bring peace to families. fear mongering? uh... maybe a little. maybe just bad writing and editing for not placing the information in a more informational manner instead of in a fear mongering manner..?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

That's a good post...

I feel as if the MSM has an obligation to the public to do it's job... rather than carry out some sort of Mind Manipulating Agenda and compete for ratings.

It's sad to realize that not only is our news controlled, filtered with lies and loaded with propaganda... But it's become a Corporation.

Real Journalism is dead.

Thank God for the internet.
(pretty soon they'll get there hands on the Net too.)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser

Out of site out of mind huh?
...Not being so obvious makes it easier for you to pretend that you are being informed, instead of the media propaganda that you ARE absorbing. The MSM has accomplished it's goal perfectly in your case. They have convinced you to choose between two opposing sides, both of which are spewing propaganda that is controlled. They cannot loose as long as you keep watching and absorbing controlled information.

Next,

My first question would be, why would they cycle a story this old on their front page?

These things happen all the time, why this one?

Actually the good thing about Fox News is that they tell you the agenda...

Sadly there are still millions of mindless sheep that will agree with this guy...

So you ask why this one? Why this story?

They are gonna bombard us with child kidnapping stories in the near future... I can even remember Gerald Celente saying when the economy goes in the gutter... Many criminals will result to kidnapping for ransom...

It all leads to that damn chip... That's just my opinion.

And I'd like to point out the main reason I watch the MSM is I'd like to know what kind of garbage the masses are eating up. And CNN is doing a damn good job at spraying the public with Bull ****

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It all leads to that damn chip... That's just my opinion.

That's my opinion too.

...and it's coming fast. I'd bet within the next decade.

Myendica

just did a google search of the girl, "kathy gloddy" and it appears she has a myspace page, her body was exhumed in 2006 in a re-opened investigation. I dont know why ccn would be covering it except out of respect for all the people trying to re-open cold cases and bring peace to families.

Mabey they have some new evidence, what with new technology and DNA and all.

Mabey it is a case of stolen identity, or mabey she had gone missing and the body they found was misidentified and she was kidnapped and is now on myspace.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
It's sad to realize that not only is our news controlled, filtered with lies and loaded with propaganda... But it's become a Corporation.
Real Journalism is dead.

Couldn't agree more -when people are scared they're far more easier to control and manipulate.
Don't know if you've seen it before but theres a great documentary here about the corporate media called 'Orwell rolls in his grave':
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It basicaly confirms your comments and paints a very unhealthy picture
of media manipulation,fabrication,suppression,disinformation,propaganda,editorial censorship etc..
Don't think we'll ever see it on the television though.

Cheers.

join