It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Buffy' Heading Back to the Big Screen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Link

Director Fran Rubel Kuzui, who directed the original film and executive produced the TV program, owns the rights to the Buffy brand and is planning to reboot the franchise for theaters, replacing Gellar and the rest of the cast with new actors to fight demons in a different generation.

Kuzui tells the Hollywood Reporter, ""Everything has its moment. Every movie takes on a life at some point, and this seems like the moment to do this."

Well I dont know about you guys but I was a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I'm definitely looking forward to this if it comes true.

Here's a response I found pretty funny from another site:

Using the recent "Star Trek" movie as a blueprint, Fran Rubel Kuzui and Kaz Kuzui (who own the rights) would utilize the loophole that a new slayer is born into every generation -- and this film would follow the rise of the newest girl who will fight the vampires, the demons and the forces of evil. There is only one problem: who cares about that girl?!?

PFFFT Who cares! Just the fact they are bringing back the alternate universe that is Buffyverse makes me happy inside!

Sue me, I read the fanfictions...

[edit on 5/27/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Oh I loved Buffy and can't wait

" supernatural" is in the same league--don't know if you've bothered watchin it but it filled the void.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The original movie was not very good and flopped at the box office. The TV show was awesome and spawned an even better show in "Angel".

I always have misgivings when they want to bring back a show or movie, as it is more miss than hit. I will give it a chance, but they need to bring in writer Joss Whedon if they want to have any chance of real success.

Since the CW looks just like the old FOX network with Melrose and 90210 remakes, it is no surprise they are bringing back Buffy. Not one new idea is left in Hollyweird.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I own six of seven Buffy seasons(and the movie), four of five Angel seasons, Firefly, Serenity and I have a bunch of Dollhouse on the DVR waiting to be watched.

I guess you could say I'm a bit of a Joss Whedon geek.

I almost want to say they better get JW to work on this but the Kuzui's have done well with both series maybe they can keep it going. I don't know, though, JW was always the driving force behind the story lines and without him it may suffer. I doubt they would do a movie as bad as the first one. I'll keep my fingers crossed this doesn't get totally screwed up.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
...so long as Joss WHedon's on board I'm sure it'll be fine.

Without Joss, hmm...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am the biggest Buffy fan I know and I even have a tat to show it..lol I am not happy about a new movie. They will ruin it without Joss just like they ruined his original movie script. He was and still mentions how he didnt like what they did to the movie. The producers were there for the series so they should know die hard fans will want Joss on board. Nobody can write Buffy like he can. I hope for the sake of the Buffyverse they dont RUIN the name. I really hope it does well so it's not another "I told you so" type situation. I love Buffy but I really think they should let it be! I know vampires are all the rage again but Buffy IS the best IMO so there is no need to redo it. I will more than likely see it but I will be very critical when it comes out..

top topics

join