It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Man tried to donate blood,Red Cross sayd NO !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh lordy.

If you were dying and you needed a transfusion and the only blood that matched yours that was available was from a homosexual person, you wouldn't take it?

Besides, you'd never know. It's all barcoded and numbered.

But it's human blood. It's not dangerous. Jeeze. It's just like taking blood from a black person or a woman or whatever. It's the same blood.

Plus they scan it all for disease nowadays anyway.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wonder if they're testing the blood for swine flu?

I've taken care of a number of people who got blood-borne infections from blood transfusions before tests were available for screening the blood for those diseases.

I suppose if it's a matter of "do or die" I might take a blood transfusion and take my chances but for any pre-scheduled surgery, I donate my own, thank you.

There are plenty of heterosexual winos out there that are hygienically deficient and just need $20.00 that are blood donors and I wouldn't want their blood either. It has nothing to do with being gay and everything to do with having "clean" blood.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
All I can say is, please don't play politics with issues surrounding healthcare.

The precautions are in place for a reason.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by azuriteskies
So why would you not want to receive blood from a homosexual person? Not that you would get to chose whose blood you got... (Yes, doctor- I would prefer blood from a brown-haired, blue-eyed, 5'10 straight female with a doctorate in particle physics, please?) Gay or straight, the blood is tested. It's all the same. And it is all used to keep you from DYING. I would say a few drops of "gay blood" would be better than the alternative.

Look I have my own blood bank . I have one brother and a sister who are the same blood type as me, I'd prefer to ask them first if it was possible.
Most of the blood supply isn't used on car accidents, it ' s mainly ill people with cancer and different types of blood disorders. So most have time to organise their own blood donor, if they don't trust in the blood supply.

Australia has the cleanest and safest blood supply in the world.
It is that way for a reason.
We also export a lot of blood products and it's in high demand.

Like has already been said, for gods sake, dont' politicise the blood supply.
Its a right to RECIEVE blood not to GIVE IT.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ACaseofTheStubborns

Welcome to ATS. Generally we don't refer to one another as gooks or retards around here.

For those of us who didn't understand your point, could you please clarify what it had to do with the topic at hand? Thanks so much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join