It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The Pentagon is prepared to leave fighting forces in Iraq for as long as a decade despite an agreement between the United States and Iraq that would bring all American troops home by 2012, the top U.S. Army officer said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Anyone want to bet that we will be there for another 10 years?
I can see that agreement flying out the window if any other wars break out in the Middle East.
Does it surprise you they are ready to stay another 10 years?

The article goes on to say:

Casey said several times that he wasn't the person making policy, but the military was preparing to have a fighting force deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan for years to come. Casey said his planning envisions 10 combat brigades plus command and support forces committed to the two wars.

If they are preparing now, makes you wonder if they know something...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would believe it . . . but I do not think we have 10 years left

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't look too far into that statement. The military always plans for the long run. At this moment there is a "ready brigade" just in case anything happens. Or should I say at all times, I don't want anybody to think anything is ready to go down.

I am not sure if everybody understands the massive amount of planning that goes into just the rotations for overseas deployments. There is the deployment, re adapting after deployment, training and refitting, and all of these units are at different steps. Then we have the issues of food, places to sleep, everyday supplies.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they have rough plans for the next 10 year in Iraq if it's needed.

new topics

top topics

join