It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy at it’s finest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You all are hypocrites and you know it. You are always (female dog)-ching and moaning about how TPTB are evil and don’t care about the ‘average Joe’ and blah blah blah. Well guess what……Why should they?

Did you ever stop and think:

Maybe I shouldn’t buy this $2000 HDTV and instead buy some homeless people in my neighborhood some clothes and food.

Maybe I shouldn’t buy this $20,000 car and use public transportation. The $20,000 can feed a lot of people or help someone pay for their home.

Maybe I shouldn’t buy extra pair of shoes for myself but give it to someone who has no shoes.

Take a long hard look at yourself. You don’t do these things, so why should you expect anyone else to do the same. No matter how much money you have, you will always look out for yourself and your family first. You might donate a little here and there but that’s about it. Ultimately, it comes down to you and your family.

The TPTB are people just like you and me. The difference is, they have a lot more of everything but they use it the same way as we do. They feed and clothe their family, help out their friends, feed their pets, etc. Why should they care about other people, no one else does.

So stop b*tching and try to do more with you life. If money is such a problem, take risks in life and try to become rich. All rich people didn’t magically become rich, some worked hard for it, some inherited it by being born into it. Even if they inherit the riches, it was their father or grandfather who worked hard for it, so if they got lucky enough to be born into it, stop envying them. This is life.

It’s a dog eat dog world. Look at mother nature, look at the animal kingdom, it’s the survival of the fittest. If a species is low in number and close to extinction, we preserve it and try to breed them. If the species are abundant, we try to control the population by reducing their numbers by any means. Same with humans, we have too many humans taking up too many resources. We reproduce exponentially without realizing the consequences. Everyone wants to be rich and have an easy life without working hard for it.

Get out there in the real world and do more than your best. If you have to step over someone to get to the top, so be it. That’s how the world works. Survival of the fittest my friends.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silencer

I'm sure your post will make some mad, but I do actually agree with it. I usually don't give because I don't have much to give myself, but I also am not a big fan of it either. If you give something to someone who didn't earn it, it is weakening them and thus they start losing the will try to depend on themselves. Kind of like what the state of the country has become right? You can't hate on the people who keep putting their hands out, they aren't to blame entirely. Don't get me wrong, helping someone out is a good thing, but there are limits. Helping and being taken advantaged of go together easily here and it's a line that is easily crossed. I remember reading in the paper a few years ago about a lady who would bring food this this homeless guy everyday, give him money all the time, but the one time she wasn't able too, he attacked her.

Not all homeless people are people down on their luck, they are a great deal many of them who are in their situation because they want to be. I have been homeless before, I can speak from experience. I never did beg anyone for anything unless I was really desperate, but that was rare. Also, I notice that people who do help those that are unfortunate are often pretty arrogant about it. Also, the animosity towards the rich is very hypocritical of people too.

They don't have what they have and thats why the constantly complain about the rich and jump for joy when they see their success being brought down in flames on tv. "Good, now they can know what it's like to have a real job!". Of course they also have no idea how much hard work those people had done in order to achieve the success they have gotten. I think a lot of people also forget the fact that many of the rich do in fact give to charities, in fact most were set up by them, but most of them don't actually like to bring attention to it. It's funny, if any of those that trash the rich, become very wealthy, then you would see a completely different attitude.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina

You are absolutely right. Regardless of how much money people have, the people richer than them always are the 'bad' guys.

There are thousands of people who have big houses and extra rooms, they could easily offer it to a homeless person but they don't because

1. It's not safe, can't trust strangers.
2. They want privacy
3. Just don't want to.
4. etc.

Point is, this is how the world works. People step on people to become successful in most cases. By that I don't mean you murder someone, but athletes beat other athletes and prove themselves better. businessmen expand their business by taking the competition out.

I am not rich by any means. I have a decent house and a car and a menial job, but I do feel jealous of people who have a lot more. I want to do more with my life and try to become richer.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by silencer]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcuse me.

I work for my money and I will spend it as I see fit.

You don't know what others do with their money, for all you know I could donate large portions to local charities, or volunteer my time, etc.

To group all people together is wrong.

Oh and just to let you know.. the car I'm thinking about buying is actually $30k.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcuse me.

I work for my money and I will spend it as I see fit.

So do TPTB

You don't know what others do with their money, for all you know I could donate large portions to local charities, or volunteer my time, etc.

To group all people together is wrong.

I didn't group all people together. I was talking about the people who cry about TPTB being evil. What you do with your money is your business, same with anyone else.

However, when the tax money is being messed with, thats when I have a problem. Although, again it's dog eat dog world. They steal your money from under your nose and you don't do anything. So, sucks to be you and good for them because they have figured out a way to easy life by screwing other people over.

Now, all of us individually have to figure out how to screw people out of their money by either being better than them at something or stealing it legally from them.

Oh and just to let you know.. the car I'm thinking about buying is actually $30k.

Nice...you can buy pretty sweet rides for $30k these days.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Uh Oh... I totally misread.... you did say TPTB.... my bad.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You have a very simple. . .caveman-ish way of looking at things. “Well, good for the guy who punched the little old lady in the face and made off with her purse, he figured out how to get her. Sucks to be her."
We expect more from our leaders who have lost their principles in the face of greed. Capitalism / corporate totalitarianism is dying and I say GGGRREAT!! We need to take the emphasis off the money.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by sexysadie]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexysadie

You have a very simple. . .caveman-ish way of looking at things. “Well, good for the guy who punched the little old lady in the face and made off with her purse, he figured out how to get her.”
We expect more from our leaders who have lost their principles in the face of greed. Capitalism / corporate totalitarianism is dying. We need to take the emphasis off the money.

Call it caveman-ish or whatever you want, I call it the real world. You don't have to punch a lady to steal her purse. You could buy her purse for $30 and sell it for $50. You still make money off her without punching her or stealing it directly.

What is greed by your definition. Wanting more money, power, food, clothes, better car, better house, better education for your kids???

Doesn't everyone want to some or all of that?

You buying a bigger house is not greed, but someone extremely rich buying a private jet is greed? What do we call this in the real world....oh yeah....hypocricy. thank you

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Uh Oh... I totally misread.... you did say TPTB.... my bad.

Lol it's ok, I know I am challenging almost everyone out there, including myself. But this is how I see things. People need to stop beating themselves down and try to achieve wealth by working hard for it. By that, I don't mean work harder at your 9-5 job because that will get you no where. Look at athletes, singers, actors, CEO's....they took risks in life and got where they are now. Now, I understand not everyone can do those things, but try to find something you are good at and see if that gets you anywhere.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It may be the real world yes, but promoting this attitude of “As long as you can get away with it, it’s good” is what has brought America to ruins. - IMO.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It may be the real world yes, but promoting this attitude of “As long as you can get away with it, it’s good” is what has brought America to ruins. - IMO.

I specifically said, without stealing or doing it illegally. So the point of 'getting away with it' does not even come up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well, in the real world they DO it illegally, by stealing and murdering and stepping on necks. And your advise of stepping over each other to get to the top (survival of the fittest ) as long as you can get away with it further promotes the same tired system. Well gotta go 4 now. TTYL

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well, in the real world they DO it illegally, by stealing and murdering and stepping on necks. And your advise of stepping over each other to get to the top (survival of the fittest ) as long as you can get away with it further promotes the same tired system. Well gotta go 4 now. TTYL

They don't do it all illegally. They do some things illegally, but what do the others do about it? nothing. When I said, step over others, I didn't mean to harm them physically and literally put your foot on their head. I meant, do better than them and outsmart them to get to higher positions.

If someone does murder or steal, the people should do something about it. If you just sit around, then you have no right to complain.

new topics

top topics

join