It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At 3 p.m., Americans asked to take a minute to reflect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

At 3 p.m., Americans asked to take a minute to reflect

www.cnn.com

Americans are being asked to stop whatever they are doing at 3 p.m. local time Monday to share a minute on Memorial Day and honor those who have died in the cause of freedom.
Americans are being asked to take one minute at 3 p.m. Monday to pause and reflect on those who died in battle.

Americans are being asked to take one minute at 3 p.m. Monday to pause and reflect on those who died in battle.

"The time 3 p.m. was chosen because it is the time when most Americans are enjoying their freedoms on the national holiday," according to the White House Commission on Remembrance. Congress es
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem of innocence inside you that makes you want to believe that there still exists a right and wrong, that decency will somehow triumph in the end- Lise Hand

No matter how you might feel about the soldiers role in today's world...we owe the freedom to express those opinions to those who fought and died for that right...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The older I get, the more I realize freedom isn't free. There is a cost for everything and unfortunately, that cost is often times in blood.

At the very least, I hope people remember that today.

join