It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need avatar and background help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've finally decided to upload my own background and it isn't working too well. My first question is, how do I get the background to not tile without making the image height greater than 400 pixels? Right now it's at 600 pixels and even on average-length posts my image starts to tile. What can I do? Is it alright to go over the 400-pixel limit?

Second, am I doing this the right way? I upload my K.K. Slider (the dog
) picture as the background mini-profile image thing and then I move down the post count, point count, etc. with an invisible GIF, right?

Also, does it matter what color I make the mini-profile background? I already made it white but I don't think it matters lol. Was the color change a waste of points?

Thanks for the help.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Hey there! if you go to the "board home" page and scroll down to the mod section you'll find Ashley D's name. If you U2U her i'll be willing to bet she would be more then happy to help, I would but I'm no good at that stuff, good luck!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hi, I don't know if you've sorted this out yet but.....

Your profile can contain 2 seperate elements:

1. Avatar @ 320 pixels high by 160 pixels wide maximum. Upload the image you wish to use into your upload space and set it to show up by adding it's URL in the relevant box in your "account settings" page.

2. Background image OR colour. Images should be 180 pixels wide by 1500 - 3500 pixels tall depending on the image and if you wish it to be tiled. Tiling depends on the length of your post. Upload the image the same as for an avatar and when you go to purchase it in the ATS store you will be prompted for the URL. Colours are a simple option to go behind your avatar and are set using colour hash codes (google search) both methods can be purchased from the "ATS Store". Images for a background are FREE and a colour will cost 250 points.

Hope this helps and feel free to U2U me.

cheers...nerb

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here are some tips on Avatars:

When I make backgrounds, I make them in length at least 1500p to avoid the repeat affect. Also, I (and others) use a transparent .gif for the avatar. I use 160x400 for that.

If you need any further help just let me know or any other member of our staff!

[edit on 5/24/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

looks good now.

top topics

join