It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District-9 . Part of the disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Last night, myself and a few buddies of mine went to see the new Terminator movie. One of the previews shown before the movie was for a film called District-9. It was amazing, to say the least.

The trailer in the video showed the translation between the human and the alien, and I think that was the part that stuck me most- the reality that we may force them to be stuck here.

Here's a video of the preview.

Who else got a big red flag thinking this may be a gauge of some sort to see how people would react to a similar situation in everyday life?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If you mean disclosure about genocide, trying to gain off someone's misfortune and unlawfully detaining people... then sure, disclosure it is.

This movie has a deeper meaning than "aliens".

It is more a statement of how we treat each other juxtaposed against the arrival of another species.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's just a movie and hopefully it will be as entertaining as it appears in the trailer. It's fitting that this is filmed in South Africa.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Well, despite your attempted belittling, yes I do think think it may be about "aliens."

And how common society views the subject. Which was why the question posed was whether or not you feel this movie was presented as a gauge on how modern people see this as an attempt to soften to the public to such concepts.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhanks28cold

Sorry you misconstrued my post, it was in no way a "belittlement" reply. Don't be so quick to fire from the hip here...

That is one of the messages set forth by the writer and director of the movie.

Its a movie, with a statement, about how we treat each other.... if you feel like you see another message in the story, I am not judging you.

But, if you take out the aliens, and insert any number of "tribes" from the area... it would be an example of things going on now. Hence the juxtaposition.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

In the future, be aware of your punctuation marks. A set of quotation marks surrounding a controversial subject can easily be construed in multiple directions.

And I do see your view point as well. I just am curious if that's all the had in mind.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Already discussed in the My heart sank when I saw the stunning effects in District9 thread, please redirect conversation to the above linked thread.

Thread closed

top topics

join