It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangers reunite dying teen with Guatemalan family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Strangers reunite dying teen with Guatemalan family

www.cnn.com

*Snip*

"Diagnosed with a chronically weak heart, without much money and lacking resources, Gonzalez seemed bound to die without ever seeing his parents again."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Please Review this Link: Instructions for Breaking News

[edit on 5/23/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
(CNN) -- Eighteen-year-old Juan Gonzalez was dying alone in hospital, thousand of miles from his Guatemalan home. He was separated from the family he had traveled to the United States to help support."

"Diagnosed with a chronically weak heart, without much money and lacking resources, Gonzalez seemed bound to die without ever seeing his parents again.

That changed after CNN aired a story about his plight.

Thanks to the help of a compassionate hospital staff, a U.S. congressman and a concerned community, Gonzalez has been reunited with his parents for what may be the last time."

I thought that it was important, with all of the doom and gloom going on in the world (and the recent references to fat, lazy Americans -- wink, wink) that we take the time to realize that there are still really great people in this world. This story, to me, is the epitome of what every human being should strive to WANT to do for another in need. I realize that we don't all have the means to help others like this (me included), but if we all simply WANTED to or WOULD if we could, the global outlook would get much brighter.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wanted to post this story for the same reasons as you, to show that there are still compassionate humans living amongst us, I happen to be lucky enough to be a citizen of the Rome Ga community, I have lived here most of my life. Left a couple of times but I come back. I can't find the genuine people anywhere else like what live here. I have said before on ATS, my community lacks racial divide, it promotes family and growth, supports all, and much more. I love it, and this story is a fine example of the kind of folks you will find in our little 'big city'.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Lpowell, when you said we don't have the means I thought of this old story, I think I told it once before on ATS, but here I go again:

A man died and was led to the gates of hell. As he entered he heard such loud moans and groans it made his skin crawl, he looked around and saw that everyone was centered around a huge bowl of food, and each person had a spoon attached permantly to the wrist, only the spoon was the same length as their body, making it impossible to reach their own mouths, so they were starving.

Next he went to the gates of heaven, upon entry laughter permeated the air, and he looked to see an identical giant bowl of food, and everyone had the same permanant spoon attached to the wrist. But no one was hungry, because in heaven, they fed each other.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

That is very moving. How lovely, but tragic.

Yes, the world would be a much nicer place if people cared more about other people. Follow the teachings of Jesus and you can't go far wrong.
I am not trying to preach about Jesus, just saying that his teachings were common sense.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

OK, I AM preaching about Jesus.

But people do not need to believe in Jesus to be compassionate to others.

new topics

top topics

join