It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball and Chain goes Digital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Kids forced to wear ball and chain

Strict parents have the perfect way of making sure their kids do their homework - a ball and chain has been created that counts down a reasonable study time before unlocking.

Parents just put in a desired study time on the "Study Ball" and attach the more than 20 pound ball to their kids' ankle.

A red digital display counts down the time and the chain unlocks and beeps when time is up.

The ball can't be locked on for more than four hours and there is a safety key that lets parents open the chain at anytime.

The ball's designer says he came up with the idea after a friend compared studying to jail.

The item is for sale online for about $90.

www.abc2news.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
this is insane or a joke its not very good in a fire cuting parent off from child or in a few other situations i can think of

but still funny as hell
nice find

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If I were still a kid in school and my parents pulled a ball and chain out on me... sheesh, first time I got unlocked I would hide some portable games near the desk
Might even set the alarm and lock it to their ankle at 5am with a 4 hour timer just to get back!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
while amusing it wont fly. . . . i knew a couple who made their kids stay in the study till their homework was done one of the kids told a teacher and the dfs came and watched them and tried to make them sign paperwork stateing they werent locking there kids in their or forcing them to study

[edit on 21-5-2009 by constantwonder]

new topics

top topics

join