It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Guide To Biologic Evolution!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey fellow seekers of knowledge !!

With the recent discovery of Fossil Ida i've seen that alot of the newer ATS-members are kinda staring in the dark if Evolution comes up. Therefore i decited to put up a thread to try and get some of you guys to learn something about it instead of geussing around and trowing your hat at facts who don't even remotly resemble anything proven.

So with no further waiting here it comes:

Evolution, the theory

. .The English biologist Charles Darwin (1809-1882) was the first which described evolution as a consequence of natural selection. Darwin based its idea on perceptions of populations in nature. He saw that all in nature live organisms get more offspring than there are necessary but the size the population stayed right. If all and would get within a type successfully offspring, the total population would grow for this reason uncontrolled. But Darwin saw also, which populations in nature over longer time keep on average the same size.

. .This comes according to Darwin because the quantity food which is in nature available for a populatie not infinite is.Within a type each individual is differently, and this natural variation is passed on by a population to the offspring. Some individuals have properties which them better able to find food or to look after their offspring. That applies however not only at individual level but also at group level. Within a type there are groups of which each other differences, and this natural variatie are passed on to the offspring.

. .From the fact that organisms or groups of organisms produce more offspring than for which in nature food available there is, Darwin inferred that there is in nature a constant fight for the existence. But in each generation a limited number individuals can survive . Which individuals do survive does not depend however on chance, but of which individual has to be able the best properties survive and reproduce itself. This principle survival of the fittest is, however called, and it is said of an individual with advantageous properties that it has large fitness. Individuals with high fitness will get more offspring than individuals with unfavourable properties.

. .Darwin understood that because the chance of surviving and itself of reproducing wrong is divided concerning a population, the composition changes slowly of that population. In the course of generations more and more individuals will come within the population who have the favourable properties. At the same time properties which are unfavourable for survival slowly disappear from the population. This process Darwin called: natural selection

And now a video to show how we see evolution today :

The video above gives a really good idea how and when everything is supposed to have happend. I know there are some big gaps in between timezones sometimes but i guess its one of the best i ever seen .

With this thread i would hope to trigger a new flow of Data on ATS with fairly updated material.

if i only would know why i can't embed pictures anymore and it keeps on showing those annoying links...(hint hint ;-) )

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Spartannic]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I could not get the video to play.

It says something about it being malcoded. Could you post a new link? I am interest in seeing it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i hope this does it ... sorry for the wasted time m8

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mods i could use a hand here . it seems i cant change the link in my first post anymore . Maybe i'm just a dumbass but its probably the first video i embed....

If possible i would like to have my last posts deleted and the link from my previous post in the first post

(i hate to bother you guys with it, but i tried to change it and it shows up fine in preview but then nothing shows up after a edit ...)

top topics

join