It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charity abroad Bankruptcy at home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I saw in the news today that the US will give Pakistan 100 million to help displaced pakistanis. I got to thinking about this and I wonder about the audacity of the US gov during economic hard times such as these.

How are we as US citizens supposed to feel about this!? Banks are closing, Car companies are declaring bankruptcy, Farmers are losing their livelyhoods and here the government is giving away more of your tax money to foreign nations.

Congress wont even spend the cash to move the GITMO detainees to a less costly detainment facility and yet we do seem to have enough money to give away(BRIBE?) to other nations.

Does this offend me alone or do you find this kind of fiscal irresponsablity unacceptable as well?

Link to story

[edit on 20-5-2009 by titorite]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I agree with you. But , oh hell., No butts. I am a Ron Paulite. And I am a
Rand Paulite. It's time to bring it all home. I don't propose we be isolationists. But no politcal alliances. Yes, economic alliances. Keep the doors open for economics, but to hell with politics. If you believe this can't be done, then you believe humanity is done. Nuff said.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Wow. I would of thought that this kind of subject would be more upsetting to folks.... hmph. I guess if we lack the concern about it then we really must have the paper to print the fiat to help every banker and foregin nation... common man be damned...

Well at least two of us believe in fiscal responsiblity and ending the fed tyranny on the economy. I do wish more would be concerned with it though.... Maybe its that lack of concern that got us all here to this point in the first place.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think this is a problem and it should be corrected. I DON'T GIVE A #$%@ about displaced Pakistanis. If that makes me a bad person then I guess I'm going to hell. Washington.......

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
the post above

I agree with what hes said however maybe not as bluntly.

lets give them money and aid when we can afford to, lets your out our own issue and come back stronger so we can help abit more. be it the Uk, USA or anyone. and we all know money solves nothing.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm pissed. What about all the US citizens that are being displaced in more ways than one due to the economy and job losses, etc. I agree, take care of the US, take care of us. Help others when we can afford to. I hate to sound uncaring or inhumane, but I pay taxes and expect them to be used wisely, not for oh say, studying hiv and drug use by Thai prostitutes.

www.foxnews.com...

You really gotta read the whole article to see what nonsense this money is going for.

Makes ya wonder where some more of the money gets wasted besides all the pork that was stuck into the stimulous bill.

[edit on 5/20/09 by opal13]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well I am glad to see some are concerned. I mean isn't this type of thing the kinda thing we write our congress people over or protest in the street over... OR STORM THE CAPITAL BUILDING IN ABSOLUTE DISGUST OVER!?!?

I mean when AIG is so entrenched in every aspect of our economy that to let it fail would destroy our entire economy... So we bail them out to the tune of over 80 million along with every other bank, car company, finance company ect ect....We the Tax payer bail out private companies weather we want to or not but we are told there will be accountablity....As the bailed out companies celebrated with corperate retreats....

And NOW washington is braging about how human they are by giveing away EVEN MORE MONEY to foregin aid....

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO LONG OUT OF WORK IN MY LIFE! and these jerks have the money to just give away to both private companies that mis-managed their money and to foregin nations.... I tried to get food stamps for the first time in my life and WAS DENIED on the basis the I have a certian type of conviction. If it were not for local churchs and my family I would be in deep dodo.... And odd jobs are not paying the bills....ANd these jerks can just throw our tax monies away without any regard to me the US citizen.

We are taxed without representation.

And personally I am very angry about it.

Aren't you?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Come on... seriosly... are so few of us outraged? I hear lots of talk about revolution but things like this story should garner the exact type of outrage that the founding fatether would rebel against....

Arg.

To be frank. I am suprised that in these dark economic times when the US is bailing out every other corrperation and telling its citizens we have to make Social Security cutbacks yet the US gov still has money to just give away in foregin aid...but lets let lehman brothers fail... because they dont have the political connections that AIG has...

Do the rest of you folks that have not responded yet really feel that this is AOK?

top topics

join