It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Perspectives on History Channel, May 25th, and "Ida" the Lemur-Monkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I just had some thoughts on this recent development of the "Ida the Lemur-Monkey" find, in relation to the cryptic History Channel previews for their May 25th programming, which some have speculated as a possible disclosure date, or something else of true significance.

The original preview can found easily, so I won't bother posting the link, but for those who have seen it...

I guess what I don't really understand is why they listed all of those dates and said that "this changes everything." Seems like a pretty audacious claim if it was only of the Lemur-Monkey story. The MSM isn't even really latching onto it that hard at this point. CNN just made it "front page" very late at night, even though it was available on BBC by late afternoon/early evening today (US East Coast Time). For a possible primitive lemur-monkey hybrid that could be the fabled "missing link?" The whole thing is very anti-climactic. I mean check out this latest YouTube preview which is supposedly an advertisement for some programming about "Ida"...

www.youtube.com...

...sorry I was having trouble imbedding (sp?) the video. Perhaps someone can help? Anyways, moving on...

Seems like they've kicked it up a notch with this one.

I mean how does this have anything to do with 9/11, or the Kennedy assassination? Or the moon landing? (all dates that were listed) And how does the lemur-monkey make it such that "everything we knew was a lie"? I am entertaining the possibility that they may be referring to something else...

...though I also wouldn't doubt that the Disney/Hearst/G.E.-owned History Channel would hype something of relatively minor significance to the level that it has, or that it doesn't plan on making this HUGE in the MSM over the next couple days.

Doesn't it also seem suspicious that the fossil was uncovered in 1983 (MSM sources), yet they only now are releasing it after "putting the pieces together?" Something smells fishy here.

The hype and the cryptic previews...probably nothing. We've been disappointed before it we will probably be disappointed again many times over. But I think these recent developments warrant a new thread for discussion that isn't already 60-plus pages in length.

Interested to know what ya'll think.

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
qwell while watching the History Channel tonight they showed a commercial for the 25th and it IS about the lemur. I am very disappointed in the History Channel right now. They hyped it up in a way that was just ridiculous and people will be let down. Oh well....Ida sounds good. I will have to watch to see what they say.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
That commercial is just a big joke....Check out the latest one....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Hahahaha well played, sir, well-played. You deserve a slow clap gradually building to a massive roaring applause for that one. I think that was the most impressive rick roll I've been dealt ever.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As per my post:

Darwinius masillae - The 47 Million year old Lemur - Story Update

The 47 million-year-old specimen has now been officially unveiled, and while many media outlets are stumbling over themselves with phrases like "missing link" and "holy grail," it's clearly a very impressive find.

"Discovered two years ago, the exquisitely preserved specimen is not a direct ancestor of monkeys and humans, but hints at what such an ancestor might have looked like.

According to researchers, 'The specimen has an unusual history: it was privately collected and sold in two parts, with only the lesser part previously known. The second part, which has just come to light, shows the skeleton to be the most complete primate known in the fossil record.'

The scientific article describing the find was published yesterday in the peer-reviewed, open-access journal PLoS ONE. Google's home page is also celebrating the find with a unique image."

Science blogger Brian Switek offers some criticism of the academic paper and the media swarm, saying, "I would have hoped that this fossil would receive the care and attention it deserves, but for now it looks like a cash cow for the History Channel. Indeed, this association may not have only presented overblown claims to the public, but hindered good science, as well."

SOURCE

ATS post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So there we have it. Everyone ranting about this fossil being absolute proof is perpetuating BS.

Case Closed.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I believe in the notorious project blue beam step one was an earth quake or something of sorts that brought about a "paradigm breaking archeological discovery that disproves religion"

Call me crazy, but I think that's what is going on right now. whether the motive is the same or not is irrelivant, but I'm sure the media is going to start putting a damper on the whole "it was god" deal.

top topics

join