It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

52 Earthquakes in 6 Days in A.K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

52 Earthquakes in 6 Days in A.K

earthquake.usgs.gov

WOW! The last 6 days Blows C.A Away for earthquakes over 3.0.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
WOW! The last 6 days Blows C.A Away for earthquakes over 3.0. I never knew that it was that active if at all.

Has anyone seen news of this in the news papers or National T.V.

Anyone from A.K online?

I did not research if this goes back further there might be a chance that has been more but it is Impressive that there has been so many over just 6 days at the Magnitude of 3.0 or more.

earthquake.usgs.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I assume you mean AK (Alaska)

I lived in Alaska for 4 years. In the interior. Earthquakes are very common there. In fact, I felt tons of them while there. Small ones, but enough to know what it was.

Just one of those things Alaskans are used to

www.livescience.com...

Alaska is one of the most seismically active regions in the world - experiencing a major earthquake (magnitude 7.0 or greater) almost every year, whereas no earthquakes of more than moderate intensity have occurred within the borders of North Dakota during historical times.

www.ig.utexas.edu...

Q: Are there particular places in the United States where earthquakes are more likely to occur?

A: Although it is conceivable that a small earthquake could occur almost anywhere, earthquakes are much more common in some regions than others. Of the fifty United States, Alaska has the most earthquakes and the largest earthquakes; California probably has the second most, including some very large quakes.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yes Alaska, Everyone always talks about California,I know they have a lot of small tremors but Alaska Blows them out the water for 3.0 activity

top topics

join