It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of UFO in Costa Rica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

UFO Over Costa Rica

This looks like its authentic but I'm not sure what it is exactly, I will go out on a limb and say NOT CGI, however I will not say 100% ET in nature although it does look to be a typical "UFO" (in thruth it is actually a UFO until we Identify it!)

Perhaps worthy of further study! c'mon all you experts!
keep in mind that the image in the center has been enlarged for viewing the actual object is to the left of the photo

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

Perhaps worthy of further study! c'mon all you experts!

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It is absolutely impossible to study (analyze) a photo that is clearly not the original. So, until the original unedited photo can be presented. This is futile. IMO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

Yeah....we need the original...

My first thought was it's a handglider

but it's impossible to tell because it's been blown up and is too pixelated.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well I suppose were going to have a problem then because I don't think I can get the original :lol

I suppose I should have thought this through a little more first!

oh well maybe will make for interesting discussion at least!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwest
Well I suppose were going to have a problem then because I don't think I can get the original :lol

I suppose I should have thought this through a little more first!

oh well maybe will make for interesting discussion at least!

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Don't worry about it. You did nothing wrong by bringing this to our attention.
The problem with this photo is that it is clearly edited - therefore the legitimacy of it is now in question. That is why we need the original, unedited photos so we can look to see if they have been tampered with.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
At least it doesn't look immediately like a bird, although I suppose it could be at an odd angle or something. It does seem to have little birdy legs.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
At first look I thought that it might be a hot air ballon. Ofcourse it could also be photoshopped . That is my thought. Will have to see if anything develops after this but I doubt it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Cool pic but it looks like a parasailer to me.... You know the ones that are tugged by boats.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

yeah para glider or hand glider seems like a reasonable response but im not sure... you can see something kinda hanging down! what is that I wonder?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A flying beetle perhaps?

Do I need a second line?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yeah if you look close on the zoomed in part you can see 2 lines that hang down... I know that para gliders that are tugged by boats usally hold 2 people, and those lines that hang look like pairs of legs.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To me it looks a monarch butterfly in the enlarged photo.
But I my be wrong I'm not acquainted with the insects in CR but still a cool pic

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna stick w/ a hanglider of some kind. It sure does appear to have to legs hanging and a head peeking at the top.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The pixilation around the object (not in the close up), shows a square differential between the object immediate background and the sky. The object, whatever it originally was, has been copied and pasted into the picture. It's quite crudely done, really.

As for the object, it's impossible to tell the scale, so it could be a button, ballon or a 3D computer model.

Fake, although it looks like a good place for a vacation!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

I am going to say CGI, but I could be wrong. I agree with Greeneyedleo that without the original it will be impossible to tell. It does look like a nice vacation spot though.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The picture looks like something i have seen in a movie, so its possible its fake. i wonder what the real photo looks like. Does anyone else see that it looks like it has arms dangling down?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

You're right. I just saved the picture so I could zoom in further. Low and behold...square pixelated border around the object. This was definately pasted onto the picture.

Fake. Hoax. w/e..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You're right. I just saved the picture so I could zoom in further. Low and behold...square pixelated border around the object. This was definately pasted onto the picture.

Hang on. That "square pixelated border" is entirely consistent with artifacting resultant of JPEG image compression. You see these types of artifacts around high contrast areas. Look at the similar artifacts around the tree branches.

Here is a little more information about the picture...

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
this picture represents an UFO shape very original.

top topics

join