It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Dolla is shot, killed at Beverly Center....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Rapper Dolla is shot, killed at Beverly Center....

www.latimes.com

An Atlanta-based rapper was fatally shot in the valet waiting area of the Beverly Center mall Monday by a suspect who fled in a silver Mercedes SUV, according to police. Officers later detained a "person of interest" as he approached the ticketing area at Los Angeles International Airport armed with a gun.

Burton was an up-and-coming rapper who had recorded several singles. He was in town to work on his first album, slated to be released this summer on Jive Records, Vannasing said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow. A very public shooting.
According to a witness there was no verbal altercation at all.
It must have been quite a scary experience for the people in the restaurant.
I'd imagine that this will put gun control back in the news again.
Especially if the music industry starts making waves about it.

I wonder what the reason is behind this shooting?
Could it be drug or money related?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It seems also that they guy had a pretty tragic short life.

Rappa Dolla was 21-years-old. He had a very rough life. He was a twin with his twin dying at birth. Further he had a sister who was in prison and he saw his father kill himself.

www.associatedcontent.com...

Does anyone know anything more about this guy?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What a ending, a shooting in broad daylight at a Mall?

That is just crazy

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's hard to keep up with all the "rappas" nowadays. There's like a new one every half hour. I'm surprised there's that many plays on words left out there to name themselves after.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Aubrey Louis Berry has been arrested for the fatal shooting of Atlanta rapper Dolla, reports The Associated Press.

They seem to have found the guy who killed him

Dolla had reportedly been shopping at the Beverly Center mall with fellow rappers D.J. Shabbaz and Scrapp DeLeon when, at around 3 p.m., he got into an altercation with a man and a woman. After being shot in the head, Dolla was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, which is across the street from the Beverly Center.

About an hour later, LAPD had Aubrey Louis Berry in custody. The 23-year-old Aubrey Louis Berry, who is from Georgia, was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport, and, allegedly, was armed with a 9mm semiautomatic handgun. Eyewitnesses at the murder scene reported that a man driving a Mercedes SUV had fled the scene and a vehicle matching this description was found in a LAX parking lot.

It only took the police an hour to find him.

I guess putting out that much negative energy with those kind of lyrics is bound to attract it in return.

I remember reading an interview with James Hetfied from Metallica and he said that he copped a lot of abuse during their earlier tours and put it down to the lyrics of their songs bringing out the worst in people.

He said it was the reason why at that point he wanted to cross over to country rock or something lighter just for some relief from the negativity.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Why are all rappers pussies?Can none of them settle their arguements with a good old fashioned fist fight?Its so spinless to shoot someone over stupid things like this.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah, I can't remember when gun culture took over the good old one on one.
It wasn't so long ago, if a guy was a good boxer and streetfighter it was enough to settle scores.

But now its.....

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join