It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of the Leyland Cat Creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have put some information together in the following link - would love your feedback

St Andrew's church in the quiet little town of Leyland, Lancashire has a mysterious legend - was the site of the church decided by a supernatural black cat?

LINK TO ARTICLE

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Curiouser and curiouser!
Seems this cat was pretty adamant that the church be built in Leyland.

One thing I have just noticed: Leyland. Ley lines? could the name of the village have this as a derivative? I mean, lots of mysterious happenings have been claimed to have happened on or around ley lines...

Another thought: I'd love to set my cat loose around a model village and then film the resultant chaos!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Will take a look, thanks for the link. Star.

There has been alot of stories across England about people spotting Black, big cats etc, some almost being described as some sort of Puma and other breeds. Some are eye witness accounts while others seems to be urban legends. Either way there seems to be some sort of pattern, and if they are about i think theres more than one.

Anyway im rambling, thanks for the post.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The 5th]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I come from a place nearby. I think the Ley in Leyland means flat farm land. Not sure though. Lancashire has some fascinating folklore and legends.

Chingle Hall, Pendle Hill, Boggarts, Witches, ghostly monks, white lady of Salmsbury, the infamous A666 road, screaming skulls and a whole host of weird stuff.

Never heard of this cat though. Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
St Andrews Church - the site of which was decreed by the cat - stands just a few metres from Leyland cross

A stone cross thought to date back to Anglo Saxons ( 400 - 1050 AD) although this is a guess.

The ancient cross has been repaired - and unfortunately, there are no records of its original form - there are records of why it was placed there.
It still stands today -

I have no doubt that this small site in Leyland had a special significance.

I would love for someone to assess the earth energy/magnetism in this area.......or instruct me of the best way to conduct a study !

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh I love this! I'm from just round the corner but I've never heard of it. Could it be the work of an angel, wouldn't the cat have been black then, and haven't cats been associated with witches, devils and such? Any idea what was under the orignal spot where they wanted to build their church? Poor people, walking to another town to go to church =[

Yeah, Lancashire does have its own share of ghost stories, We climbed up Pendle hill on halloween and it was surreal, but maybe that was due to exhaustion.

top topics

join