It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport security bares all, or does it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Airport security bares all, or does it?

www.cnn.com

"Screeners at LAX [Los Angeles International Airport]," he speculated, "could make a fortune off naked virtual images of celebrities."

"A choice between being groped and being stripped, I don't think we should pretend those are the only choices," he said. "People shouldn't be humiliated by their government" in the name of security, nor should they trust that the images will always be kept private.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here is a video showing how they operate:

www.cnn.com...

They say that the program uses a privacy algorithm which blurs out the face, and that the person viewing the images never sees the actual person.

How would the operates know the name of the person being scanned, much less see the face with proper algorithms in place?

With the appropriate privacy protocols in place, this technology seems to do more good for the security of the airport than not.

With this in place, the person doing the searching never sees, or touches, the person being searched - merely a digital recreation of them. This technology is actually less invasive than a pat-down or a strip search in a back room.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Kinda violates the fourth and fifth amendments in my view. That is why I don't fly. My opinion is that this may also be why they may not let me fly. Which brings around to the question: Which came first, the violator or the violation?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

join