It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Background Image Contest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i know about the Holiday Avatar Contest, but why can't there be an ATS/BTS background image contest??

to me it seems that certain backgrounds take a bit more effort to make, and they cost a heck of a lot more to upload... also, they're bigger in size, so why can't there be something like a top-ten coolest backgrounds competition on the site?
also, what about making them new backgrounds only, as opposed to existing backgrounds? maybe a top-ten contest for new ones, and one for the 5 best current backgrounds??

this could be for any style of background image, and not just for holiday themed ones. maybe there can be rewards for the winners, in the form of points or whatever else they can think of... t-shirts? merchandise?

what's everyone else think of this? would you enter the ATS Background Image Contest?

would you make a new background image, or submit your current one? would you like to be able to do both??

what's everyone's opinion? ...and if you have any other suggestions, please feel free to add them!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Now that background images don't cost 2,500 points and they're free, I think this is a great idea.

from here.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Background image contest... yep sounds good to me.

Count me in... hopefully this will get the thumbs up from above.

The last avatar contest was fun, and it was good to see other peoples work.

cheers,

JQ.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

i didn't know they were free now!

i just thought that once you spent your 2,500 points, they were free from then on out...

by the way, it seems that voting for the top backgrounds would be fairly simple - just introduce a poll and vote for the member you had in mind, and start a thread where members submitted their new backgrounds for the "new" contest..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
it'd be cool if a mod or a site owner could give me their opinion of this...

hint hint

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sounds like a cool and fun idea. Make it so! lol

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
it'd be cool if a mod or a site owner could give me their opinion of this...

hint hint

If you U2U someone like Asala or AshleyD you're more likely to get a response. Mr Overlord is probably busy and rarely answers normal U2Us from regular members...good luck.

join