It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Israeli Forces Prevent Hamas Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) prevented another Hamas terrorist from carrying out his attack. The suicide bomber, identified as Tarek Ahmed, was driving an explosive packed jeep disguised as an Israeli army jeep with an Israeli flag displayed on the side. IDF soldiers spotted the jeep speeding toward a community and opened fire on the jeep when it would not stop. The jeep exploded injuring 4 Israeli soldiers, but saving the future lives of Israelis in the community. The suicide bomber was killed by the blast. Hamas is claiming responsibility for the attack.

Jerusalem Post
Four IDF soldiers were wounded, one moderately and three lightly, when a jeep filled with explosives blew up next to an army jeep not far from the isolated settlement of Kfar Darom, in the center of the Gaza Strip, early Wednesday morning.
Security officials estimate that the jeep held hundreds of kilograms of explosives. Hamas's armed wing, Izz al-Din al-Kassam, took responsibility for the attack.

Earlier this week, Israel stated that they had identified Hamas� new leader, but would not target him if Hamas refrained from carrying out attacks on Israel. Hamas has denied that Mahmoud Al-Zahar is their new leader in Gaza, and claims that they are working as a group without a specific leader. This most recent attempt at attacking Israelis is the largest since Hamas� previous leader, Dr. Abdel Aziz Rantisi, was killed by an Israeli missile strike.

Video Footage of Attack
Hamas activist reads will, then attempts attack.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I watched a video on MSNBC of the jeep racing away while taking fire. When it blew I was sure glad they had prevented it from reaching a target. 550 pounds of explosives produce one helluva balst!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I watched a video on MSNBC of the jeep racing away while taking fire. When it blew I was sure glad they had prevented it from reaching a target. 550 pounds of explosives produce one helluva balst!

I saw the pictures. Where did you find the video? It seems to be buried in MSNBC. I even tried searching for it.

Yep 550 lbs. of explosives would have taken out half a block if it had made it into a town.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
cool, do you think that they will post the pics or video from the chase perhaps?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Edited. Now with video footage of attack. See link at the bottom of the story

new topics

top topics

join