It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Lights in the clouds over Pittsburgh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I realize this thread is all but dead...but just in case anyone else reads this I would like to make one final observation....

When the moving lights came near each other....they swerved to miss each other. Beams (like from the airport) would go through each other.....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
....I know, I know, I need to let this go. I just can't forget those lights and something else happened about a week ago that may or may not relate to this. I was sitting outside again, around 10ish and looking into the clouds (i've been looking for these lights ever since the night I first saw them) and saw two different cloud clusters glow pink very briefly. I figured it was a plane passing through them but never saw a plane emerge from either. Then within less than one minute a seperate cloud cluster just flashed a brilliant white light that lit up the sky and all of the street lights (not the house lights, just the street lights) went out all over the hill. I would say they were out for about 3-5 minutes or less and all came back on gradually.

Anyone think this could have something to do with surveillance in conjunction with the G-20 that is to be held here? Just a thought.

....also, and I promise I will try never to speak of this again
I would like to say that it is over a month later and as I mentioned above I have looked to the sky every night and have never seen the lights again. I guess they must have moved the airports....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi, I live in Bedfordshire in the UK, and what you've explained about the lights are the exact same thing I have been seeing over the last few days. Where I live I'm surrounded by open fields, and one night around 10pm I saw what looked like two balls of light in the clouds, kind of illuminous moving in a circular pattern, (fairly large area in width) but then became a bit irregular every now and then as if they were chasing one another. I got my husband to look and he couldn't explain it as we've been trying to find all sorts of reasons for this. It was there the next night too, and my friend who lives in the next village saw it also. You could perceive it as spotlights, but like people have said on here, there is no beam coming from the ground, and when the clouds go away so do the lights. It seems very odd but it would great to find out what they are. Rather pretty though! x

[edit on 22-6-2009 by bessnzip]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bessnzip

It's so nice to hear this from you, thank you! You'll understand perfectly what I mean then when I say that after you seem them you feel a bit "changed" and it is frustrating not to be able to share it and even more so to have no explanation. I still have this sense that I was standing under something "special" that night and maybe even immense as well. They were not spots. I have looked for them every night sense....

I have another thing to note and I will try not to make this too long. Every night my son and I notice a certain light outside my office window...always figured it a star but my son insists it looks like it is "floating" a bit....since the weather has changed I spend a lot of time sitting outside and from that angle realized that this "star" (that never moves through the sky) indeed has a companion. There are two lights one fainter than the other but I get a definite sense they "belong" together. ...no big deal right? ...Well, last night I was sitting in my back yard which gets a considerable amount less light and noticed TWO more pairs of these odd "stars" a great deal apart. It's probably nothing but I noticed it none the less. When you stand under the stars there is something unmistakably beautiful about the randomness of the stars among the perfect order of the constellations.....these sets of stars are different to me. All three pairs are exactly the same distance apart. The big dipper is over me right now and I will pay attention to see if these pairs move along with it.....

Just something maybe you could look for too. Wow, would it be wild if you saw the same kind of thing! Happy sky watching! Thanks for replying to my post

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's fascinating isn't it! but yes I feel the same as you in that I can't stop thinking about what I saw, and find myself searching for answers. However, sadly I haven't seen anything since. Even the stars that you mention, no luck yet as the skies seem to be pretty clear in my neck of the woods at the moment, and nothing that really catches my attention. Keep me posted if you have any further developments though. I'm intrigued!

I'm so glad I found your thread. Thanks for sharing!

[edit on 24-6-2009 by bessnzip]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join