It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Damn Moral Authority Period

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
id like to start this thread to discuss the obsession of americans and others who expect and think that America is a great moral authority.

It is my beliefe that ones moral agenda and beliefs are a result of their own enviroment and raising.

What i would like to find out from any who read this is this

Do you look to America to set your moral compass? If so why? If not why not? Do you believe anyone should set their own moral compass based on the standards set by americas public?

Allow me to go first

I do not set my moral compass by the beat of the american drum. I am american and proud to be one but i believe the moral compass in general here just spins no direction can be taken from it.

This is why. . . . We cannot even take care of ouselves as a nation. Our government is bankrupting its people to bail out corrupt businesses. We torture. We kill others on the battlefield in the name of justice yet we torture. Our police and border gaurds beat people for asserting their rights.

I dont know why america got the label of moral authority. It is my belief that this is a cooked up attempt by the media to keep americans on the side of its government nothing more nothing less.

I mean seriously, we destroyed two entire japanese cities yet we're the moral authority. We raped and pilaged our way across vietnam yet we are a moral authority. We electrocute people/criminals or inject them with deadly poisons in the name of justice yet we're the moral authority. . .

agree disagree let me know i would really like input from americans as well as people from abroud and please be honest brutally

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
"I have the greatest admiration for your propaganda. Propaganda in the West is carried out by experts who have had the best training in the world — in the field of advertising — and have mastered the techniques with exceptional proficiency. Yours are subtle and persuasive; ours are crude and obvious. I think that the fundamental difference between our worlds, with respect to propaganda, is quite simple. You tend to believe yours and we tend to disbelieve ours."
-Soviet correspondent after being based for five years in the U.S.

The united states does not have any moral authority... they have the greatest Public Relations Campaign in the entire world.

Americans on a whole are not Generous, or thoughtful, or kind, or moral.

They are selfish, unthinking, callous, greedy, manipulative, materialistic, and self aggrandizing.

They don't portray the truth to the world, because that would be bad for business.

But, that's just my $.02

-Edrick

new topics

join