It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Sky and My Theory of the universe being inside of another universe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Since i first looked at google sky, i looked for evidence to support my theory that the universe is like a planet, and there are many universes outside of our own.

So i looked for evidence of a north and south pole, Now there are 2 anomilies in google sky,

Please have a look for your self, first find the north star, see how there seems to be some kind of weird camera error. Then go directly north or south and there is the same problem, then go in the same direction (the same amount of area) and you end back up at the north star. It also says (the search for dark matter starts 2012 at that point).

I just wish i had some really good equipment so i could make my own observations at these points. Please people respond with input to my theory and findings.

Kindest Regards FLASHOR!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

If I understand what you're talking about there is no camera error. The distortion of the stars around Polaris and the celestial south pole are caused by trying to project a flat image onto a curved surface. It can't be done using the projection that Google uses. Take a look at the north and south poles on Google Earth and you'll see the same effect. It has nothing to do with the shape of the universe.

It surprises you that going in the same direction on a sphere will put you back at the place you started? The universe may or may not actually be a sphere but from our point of view the sky is. Google sky shows us the sky from our point of view. You cannot determine the shape of the universe from Google Sky.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
thanks for clearing that up for me

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Your theory about what lies beyond our universe is probably as good as any and it is not unique. There could be anything or nothing (not that those terms would really mean anything "out there").

The problem is there is no way to tell from inside our universe what is beyond it. Everything; space, matter, light, and all those other really weird things, are contained in the universe. Nothing gets out or comes in (that we know about) so observation can tell us nothing.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Observation though, would tell us something, if we had the correct "instruments" to do so.

With opinions like the one on this thread, hopefully we will soon have one with the openness of ideas in a forum of this manner

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with Phage on this one.
It's just the line of sight from the intruments/telescopes that make it look like poles, or whatever you wanna call them. I can't explain it better than Phage...
BUT, your theory is pretty damn interesting. You're talking about a multiverse?
I myself would think that each universe is contained in the previous universe. I don't know about them circling eachother.
But of couse, that's just my subjective opinion... I'm only human!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

circling each other though would make sense.. take a look at protons, neutrons, electrons, planets, earth "spinning"

Things seem to always "BE IN MOTION" somehow..

of course, our understanding of infinite information is less than 0

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Google Sky is not the proper tool for Cosmological observations. The spherical appearance of the sky as viewed from Earth is called the Celstial Sphere. Now you are not alone in thinking that the Universe may be contained with-in another Universe, or more correctly a multi-verse commonly called the "Bulk" or "Hyperspace" by Cosmologist and Theoretical Physicist. It is unknown rather the Universe is flat or spherical at this time however.

If you apply M-Theory than you might think that a membrane is tethered to our Universe by a unseen 6 or 7 microscopic dimensions. This membrane is a multidimensional "membrane" or highly energetic matter. This membrane and others (other universes) exist in a 11 (possibly) dimensional bulk or hyperspace(semantics). Universes' in this theory are flat and infinite.

If you are in favor of the spherical, "bubble shaped universe" then you would believe that our Universe is one of many of infinite size that are "floating" around in the bulk or hyperspace( the eleven dimensional space I spoke of above). Universes' in this theory are created by "Bubble Nucleation" as opposed to the "brane clashing" of M- Theory. In this way univserses’ pop in and out of existence, bud other universes out of themselves and so on. It is analogous to a "fractal tree".

The real question becomes IMO what created the bulk???

Good question though, hope this video and links help!

Helpful Links
www.nautis.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.astronomy.pomona.edu...'s%20mutliverse.html
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This software is quite fun for exploring te universe

www.shatters.net...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Google Sky is not the proper tool for Cosmological observations. The spherical appearance of the sky as viewed from Earth is called the Celstial Sphere. Now you are not alone in thinking that the Universe may be contained with-in another Universe, or more correctly a multi-verse commonly called the "Bulk" or "Hyperspace" by Cosmologist and Theoretical Physicist. It is unknown rather the Universe is flat or spherical at this time however.

If you apply M-Theory than you might think that a membrane is tethered to our Universe by a unseen 6 or 7 microscopic dimensions. This membrane is a multidimensional "membrane" or highly energetic matter. This membrane and others (other universes) exist in a 11 (possibly) dimensional bulk or hyperspace(semantics). Universes' in this theory are flat and infinite.

If you are in favor of the spherical, "bubble shaped universe" then you would believe that our Universe is one of many of infinite size that are "floating" around in the bulk or hyperspace( the eleven dimensional space I spoke of above). Universes' in this theory are created by "Bubble Nucleation" as opposed to the "brane clashing" of M- Theory. In this way univserses’ pop in and out of existence, bud other universes out of themselves and so on. It is analogous to a "fractal tree".

The real question becomes IMO what created the bulk???

Good question though, hope this video and links help!

Helpful Links
www.nautis.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.astronomy.pomona.edu...'s%20mutliverse.html
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I caught this being aired on the science channel off my dish network to suddenly figure out why a woman was credited with it.

String theory having 10 dimension ... it was the 11 dimension in movement where the two membranes collide like a clap of thunder forming the big bang. Darned if it didn't sound like a cosmic orgasm between two divine bodies.

Mother nature is truly physical.

top topics

join