It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of 'brilliant orbs' in the evening sky has a mystery sting in the tail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Video of 'brilliant orbs' in the evening sky has a mystery sting in the tail

www.barry-today.co.uk

A COUPLE from Barry are creating an ‘X-Files’ stir with a video they shot last month of mysterious lights in the evening sky above Dow Corning.
Steve and Gill Ryan have no explanation for the strange sight they witnessed as they returned home to the town one night from a visit to their daughter who lives in Caerphilly.
Steve told The GEM: “It was a Wednesday night, just after 8pm, and we were making our way back through Barry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Spotted in local paper and thought you would be interested in seeing it too.

Here's a link to the video...

www.barry-today.co.uk...

I'm no expert in video clips but it does look very strange - at first I thought hot air Balloons but it doesn't really look like flames but actual lights - reflections of the sun maybe ?

Also, the story mentions that three black objects are 'ejected' from one of the lights (1 min 45 secs) but I can't make that out to be honest.

What do you guys think ??

www.barry-today.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't see the video?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The video is right there on the linked page. But come on - even on high quality and zoomed into full screen, those dots of light are still just dots. They could be anything.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The lights are rather stationary, so not much could be said about it. As for the "At one minute 45 seconds into the video a rather strange thing happens: three black objects seem to be shot out from one of the orbs, the first hundreds of feet into the air! " claim it looked like a video artifact to me, and it looked like one artifact rather than three objects to me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't understand why people don't just post the video from YouTube... or maybe I do...

This is exactly what the landing lights on jets look like when they are landing near L.A.X. here in California.

When they are really far away, and they are flying towards you, they look like they are hovering in one spot. Then when the jets start to turn, they bank to the side, and the landing lights start to disappear, and they look like they turn off, but they don't.

Because of the distance of the landing lights, the light rays shoot out like a cone, and expand, making the lights look bigger and different form far away.

I'm pretty sure that multiple aircraft were in a holding pattern in the video. The lights that seem to appear out of no where are actually jets that were turning towards the camera. The lights that seem to disappear are jets turning away from the camera.

I could film an example of it tonight if I wish, and you will see the same exact thing. It looks like some "orb ufo" from far away, in one spot. Then it slowly slides to the right, and the light dims out. Classic example of an aircraft turning with landing lights...

As for the "black orbs", I believe that is a video artifact.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Looked pretty good to me. I don't know what these orbs are. I saw one myself last sept. a lot closer than that though and I got a good look. I know it was not anything I can explain. They are popping up all over the globe, I am in Texas. I am a changed man because of it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Actually, now that I look at it closer, I believe the first 2 aircraft are flying the "Downwind", "Base", to "Final" approach for landing.

en.wikipedia.org...

I made this quick stabilized animation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df94d2dcf966.gif[/atsimg]

You can see they both follow the same angled path, and they both disappear in the same spot, which to me appears like aircraft turning and lining up for a runway.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I made animations of the other 3 aircraft too..

The bottom aircraft follows the same path as the first 2. The top aircraft follows a similar angle, but higher altitude, or closer to the camera.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/691a72863bf3.gif[/atsimg]

This aircraft below also follows the same angle. If you have good enough eyes, in the video you can see it curve right before it descends downward.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bda53c07475b.gif[/atsimg]

They all seem to be going to the same place (airport).

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've been told that when you see a UFO, it will change your life.

Do people consider this "Seeing UFOs" ?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

There is Cardiff International Airport in the vicinity where the lights appear descending toward. But in that case you would see the planes' "tail lights," which they don't have.

The article decribes the position of the place where the video was taken from. A bit of map work and Google Earth will tell you where the Cardiff airport really is. The video has a point of reference -- the two tall industrial buildings.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Makes sense, Cardiff Intl. Airport is just west of Bary (South Wales), no clue what direction this video was shot.

Google Maps view

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
@once once

Hello and sorry about not posting the direct link to You Tube - this is my first post on here so not sure of etiquette regarding only using original source etc etc - will bare this in mind for future posts !

Also, fab work with the stabalised video - you can really tell that they are 'coming in to land' so to speak, especially with Cardiff aiport being so close to where video was taken. I also agree with the camera 'artifact'.

I've been reading the posts on here for a while now and when I came across this story thought it was worth posting - I love how everything is properly analysed and carefully thought about. It's really quite refreshing to see how open minded people on here are and how different view points and opinions are discussed in a civil manner (apart from some of the trolling !).

So thanks for your time and input everyone, I hope to get involved in future posts and debate myself.

Kind regards,

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Pretty inconclusive. Could be anything really.

The stabilized images showing all objects taking the same flight path downward, and the proximity Cardiff airport don't bode well for the video's valid claim that it is 'orbs, or ufos'. Then again the video doesn't really show anything strange, just some blurry lights. Whether they are orbs or anything is pretty hard to tell.

Good find though.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by bloodline]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Yes they look pretty good. I am fascinated by your statement being a changed man beacause of your sighting. I saw them too on many occasions like those in my avatar, also others that were connected to a mothership and like you feel changed by it. Can I ask you if it has changed you for the better? I certainly feel more positive, more kind/caring too.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Bear some striking similarities to this though!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well, the landing planes theory based on the animated movement took a severe beating -- unless someone shows that landing planes do have high-intensity tail lights.

Locating the Cardiff airport from the original video could be a challenge. It all depends on wheter the satellite map shows the two tall industrial buildings -- they may not be that easy to find.

If these orbs really moved toward the airport, you can expect major airplane disaster in the future. Where and when -- that's not easy to extract. But that's what the UFO efects are for: to tell things ahead.

new topics

top topics

join