It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Webster Spaceship Landing: FAKE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was struck in owe for a second there when checking in the thread.
key word above: a second....

Yep soon after halfway through that second a lot of things did not sum up.

So after an innitial read through and even leaving one or two comments i did a bit of a web search which for starters yielded the following:
(I will update if i dig anything more, supporting one or the other side of things. Feel free to do so too if you feel like it
)

So:

You might want to visit blog.mlive.com... ,
about one third down the page you will see the following picture:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/34621f4a6b674f3e.jpg[/atsimg]

See it up close: A crowd watches the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Mackinaw enter the harbor last year from Lake Michigan at Grand Haven. The cutter will be open for tours during the Coast Guard Festival.

If my critical opinion and debunking skills are right, this is the same place about the sime time, same day, same event, but different photographer (propably) as well as a different angle of view.

Despite having a different angle of view there are some giveaways that its the same spot, e.g. crowd, dressing code, weather conditions etc. (I think even shadows but cannot be sure...) The previous sentence is mostly valid.

So i hope i have some stuff for you to think over for the time before getting back with further possibilities.

In the meantime i will give you a snippet of the web address i reffer to for those that haven't already vissited the link.

Coast Guard Festival a party on the lakeshore
Posted by John Sinkevics | Chronicle News Service July 28, 2008 22:39PM

GRAND HAVEN — Paul Wronski's convinced this first weekend of the mammoth Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival is the hidden gem of the 10-day celebration.
View the Grand Rapids Press photo gallery of the Parade of Ships.

Coast Guard Festival schedule after the story.

"It's the best time to come down to Grand Haven and enjoy the Waterfront Stadium and enjoy all the things going on," said Wronski, trumpet player for Soul'd Out, an uptempo, seven-piece rock and dance music band that headlines Saturday night's entertainment at Waterfront Stadium.

"It's our chance to really shine in front of the community. ... So many people come out for this particular concert. We feel like we're playing for the town of Grand Haven. People feel it's their time to come downtown because it's less crowded and it's a great social event."

The secret's out.

Bye for now !

GEORGE TG

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Very nice

Its an obvious hoax, im glad you found this info so quick.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thank you Paz!
Plese don't hesitate to reply and flag so this is seen by more bofore leaving the recent post list...

Take care

EDIT: For those unsure of what i am refering to go here

or here: (Its the same thread...)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13/5/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think you have done some fine work there and have got the occasion in the picture correct. I think the only questions left are, who posted this on businessweek with the story? And why? Hopefully something can come of that aswell.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

To be honest i was quite baffled myself.

There are at least a few reasons like:

Publicity
Circulation
Tourism
Prankster/hacker
Profit
Fame

etc, etc, etc....

I will wait to see what comes out of it...
Quite unlikely little green men...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Top signs that a life changing statement is a hoax:
- The reported town where it occured has only 1500 people, yet the picture of the event seems to show half the town there
- Only ONE single source for the news
- Noone in the town knows what you're talking about when you call
- Though there are photos of a gathered crowd, everyone was busy picking their nose while life on earth as we knew it was changing in front of them... so they forgot to take pictures of it...
- Aliens arrive, get out of the ship, and realize their god damn gps has lead them to wrong damn town, pack it up, and leave.

Come on, as soon as people called people in the town and they hadnt heard of this its automatically blown.

In a town of 1500 people, if someone farts everyone knows about it.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

You forget to ad:

Tha was the only damn person to have taken a picture......

Well i guess thats the way it is.

I am happy for the guy posting the news though,
his thread is doing well gathering a lot of stars flags points etc

I am never that lucky
Almost never!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe he meant, illegal aliens were on the ship that came down, and just exageratted about it flying up and shooting off.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Good find George

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thanks

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its ok that you guys debunk it and call it a hoax.
Im ok with that.
However I believe its real, and has been covered up.
It fits the perfect scenario for a cover up from what I have found.
Im not going to bother giving sources etc and continuing the debate.
Its pointless because people have already had there minds controlled.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Please, PLEASE! (Honestly!)

If you do have evidence show us.

I am the first one who wants to know.

I am not trying to prove a hoax but this is the data i get, in other words my overall insight.

Given the right data i will consider changing my mind

So, please come back with your citations!

Thanks!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
twitter.com...

here it is now can we move on

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When I got to the thread it was already a limp chicken. The first thing I thought of after working for years in web media corporations is that the site needed a boost in the server hits to bring in extra revenue from advertising!

Now watch them claim damage and sue the hacker for even more. Plus defamation of character. Because of the successful lobbies of giant corporations, they actually have more rights than humans.

I bet they quietly milk this through the courts, while web statistics to shareholders are augmented.

But, WOW what an ugly mess. Even aliens could not clean this up without biosphere scouring anti-life rays from orbit.

(Time wasted proximately 27.12 M.)

ZG

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

THANKS!

It reads:
JOHNABYRNE:
The wonders of technology: Someone hacked into one of our blogs and published a post on a purported alien landing. We're investigating.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

You must be a disinfo agent trying to cover it up!!!

LOL............Just joking!!

Yea this was an obvious [HOAX], I too for a second was probably the most excited I have ever been, keyword is A SECOND. But thanks for taking the time to fully debunk this and explain how this hoax came together and were the "facts" really came from. I was wondering where that damn picture came from! LOL, it is so much clearer now! Good job, star and flag.........Also you prolly shoulda' put this in the UFO/Alien forum though to get more attention. Good work!

[edit on 5/13/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks!

Well my threads mostly never come overly poppulated so the difference in forum propably wouldn't matter. ( statistically speaking
)

join