It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police make loud burglary warning!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Lol who on earth thought this one up? Police screaming down megaphones to "warn" people about burglars. "Lock your doors! Run and hide! be scared of everything! you are not safe! panic!"
An obvious ploy to keep everyone living in fear, divide and rule is the game.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow, this is pure madness. Total fear mongering.

I mean really locking your doors and everything, isn't that just common sense anyway?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Don't they believe in natural selection? Let the dimwitted "it won't happen to me so I don't lock up" crowd get burglarized and learn the hard way.
Tis a shame we do have to lock doors due to unsavory individuals, but it's not like thieves are anything new in society.
They could be more discreet about it by just knocking or ringing the doorbell when they deliver their little "don't get robbed" leaflets.
As long as they only do it once and at a reasonable time, I suppose it's alright and doesn't hurt anything and the worst that can happen is it adds fuel to critics of their policies and procedures.
Seems a bit silly to me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I seriously hope that the person who came up with this stupid idea, is punched in the face. Also the people who went along with it saying 'oh yeah thats a good idea!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It doesn't seem like such a bad idea. It might seem silly, but I did have to note the police officer saying "Yeah the last 13 were straight in threw the front door"

I almost laughed, because it's almost like some of the commentary from Reno 911.

It's not like they are shouting "Live in fear, lock your doors or you will be raped by thieves"

They are trying to tell people that the world isn't safe, and maybe they will reduce theft in the area with their tactic.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

What pills have these policemen have been taking? The one coming up with an idea from the middle ages must be burned on the townsquare IMHO.

new topics

top topics

join