It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers arrested over expenses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Officers arrested over expenses

news.bbc.co.uk

Three Metropolitan Police officers have been arrested over claims of inflating expenses while investigating the 7 July bombings, Scotland Yard has said.

The officers were arrested on Tuesday in connection with offences including misconduct in a public office, conspiracy to defraud and theft.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph .co.uk

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, as if there aren't enough failings and conspiracy with this case and the Met in general lately (G20, Menezes shooting, etc) now we have this!

At least they've been caught, though this isn't big news in the UK at present (notice how it's only on the London section of the BBC website), more evidence of corruption throughout the system? What are the odds of a slap on the wrist with a nice paycheck that sees them saunter off quietly into the night? Keep in mind these criminals parading as upholders of the law failed to make a case stick against these men:

news.sky.com...

I'll quote from the above link...

But the jury agreed with the arguments of the defence lawyers, that the men could not be found guilty by association and that they were victims of a "conspiracy theory without foundation".

... seems like TPTB are trying to beat us at our own game.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Goathief]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
They stole money and probably killed a few people while being allowed to play out there sadistic games on people they do not like.

It must be so much fun being a policeman, doing nothing, but stealing money and holding vendettas and killing for any loon that are there friends.

Hidden away as usual, these crimes will be.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
haha awesome, yet more people stealing from the tax payer - and people wonder why the nation is so close to being bust!

I love the most how everyone else gets suspended, fired, disgraced, etc - when the government do it "oh just a little mistake, sorry -we'll try not to make it so obvious next time...."

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

please don't use a brush that wide when painting a picture of police in general. Not all police are involved in this investigation. Just a few. that would be like saying that a black guy got arrested for selling crack, so all black people must be crackheads. See how stupid that sounds?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

ahhhh..... one of those people that thinks the police is great apart from 'a few bad apples' yeah rite, the problem with the police in england is systemic - it's the barrel thats bad not the apples, who was it that said 'any apple chucked in a barrel of vinegar get's pickled'

The system turns good people bad, simple as that sorry.

edit to add: Zack de la Rocha has a great essay about this i'll try to find it for you....

[edit on 13-5-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

as I am not from the UK, I can only comment on the US. I know quite a few cops here. There are some bad apples so to speak. But that is not the norm, it is the exeption. I tend to hang out with people I like so my opinion might be a bit jaded, but what I see is a group of people who mostly want to do their job and understand that in doing their job, they are saving lives. From giving a speeding ticket to a teenager thus slowing him down and allowing him to live to graduate high school, to catching a rapist before he gets near your neighborhood. Sure there are those who take a bit of money to look the other way in a situation, but the ones I know, would just as soon take a bullet than a payoff. Again, that is im my little world in the US.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
We can arrest the Lawkeepers for fiddling their expenses but NOT the LAWMAKERS .
Seeing as ALL the MP's in the UK have been dipping their greedy fingers in the taxpayers coffertrough to fund their lavish lifestyles, Oh No , we can't arrest them but we can arrest a couple of police officers who do the same.

Just another day in the do as I say , not as I do holiday camp

Its time to arrest the Government, sorry make that the GovernmentS as in all of them, time we had the public ruling the world not just a select rich few.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

please don't use a brush that wide when painting a picture of police in general. Not all police are involved in this investigation. Just a few. that would be like saying that a black guy got arrested for selling crack, so all black people must be crackheads. See how stupid that sounds?

This is a message board with all types of people, and my personal experienc eis like many others. My view on the police is valid, and if you do not like it, tahts your business, but most police are corrupt, and arseholes just out there to destroy anyone they want.

Police in england tarred the irish people the same, so that was unjustified, but we cannot call them corrupt, like they are.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Exactly it is the system that turns even the nicest person bad in the police, the barrel is bad not the apples, like you said. Good analogy.

Law unto themselves, and the ipcc are a useless piece of you know what. Unless you have absolute proof against the police which in most times is very unlikely the police can do what they want, and have the power to murder anyone they want.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So am I reading this right? Is this a thread on people lying on expense reports? If I'm not missing something (besides of course the fact that there's lots of people who want to bash the cops at every turn), then what's the big deal? Ok, ok... they should be punished for lying on their expense reports but what's the big deal?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

haha not sure which bit of america you're from but i can tell it's not burbank
(famous world wide for corrupt cops who give Jwalking tickets to people who used the crosswalk)...

YES the police do some good things sometimes, they try to make the world a better place - who doesn't? I'm sure many gastapo were good people too, they would rather take a bullet than let someone buy their way off the train.... morals are arbitrary.

What i'm saying is that around that little bit of good they do, and i'm sure most of them have no idea but, they are forced into being a certain type of person - a person who is part of a highly corrupt system.

For instance look at the met's G20 issues, the guy they battered who then died - sure the ONE cop who did a lunging dive smacking him with his baton before he through him to the floor was a 'bad apple' HOWEVER i was more angry at the other people, the so called 'good cops' who did NOTHING to stop him and NOTHING to help Ian BUT then when it came down to telling the story later they ALL LIED to cover it up - they all acted as if nothing had happened, all said 'they threw bottles as we tried to help' (which video proves to be a lie) -- this is the problem, inside the police they act as if they're some super force who can do no wrong but must win whatever the cost.

I have been on many protests, many nights out, many gigs and events that i see the police in action - they are willing to do or say ANYTHING as long as they get their way, countless times now they've used the terrorism act on me and any other bit of legislation they can think of to ensure they get their way...

If we let them get all egotistical and run rampant then the world is not going to turn into a nice place, simple as that.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

They lied about this, they are involved with investigating the worst terrorist attack in the UK for a long time, they tried to convict innocents of crimes they knew nothing about, the Met in general has come under heavy criticism for all manner of things ranging from police brutality, murder and corruption, and to top it all off this last week has seen the UK governmental system suffer a severe blow when it was revealed that nearly every single politician in the land is committing fraud yet none have been arrested, forced to resign or anything along those lines.

Hope that clears it up for you. Oh, and here's a link to the 7/7 truth movement for good measure: www.julyseventh.co.uk.... Consider it the UK's version of the 9/11 truth movement.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

we all look at life through different glasses. Some are rose colored, and some are more of a jade color. It seems like you might have a bit of a chip on your shoulder due to being descriminated against due to your ethnicity. Not haveing been in your shoes, I can have no idea how that would affect me. I was just offering an opinion on a message board. As I am Scotch, Dutch, Irish,Russian, and German, I like to think I got the best mix possible, but then again, I might be a bit biased.
Just remember, if you are ever in trouble and you need a cop to help you, one of them just might.

new topics

top topics

join