It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limited Federal Government. Help. Please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Maybe I am beating a dead horse with all of the related posts but thought that this was a little more specific in what powers we have and what powers that we grant to the Federal government. The Feds have become despotes and change will never come through the ballot box because of our major media and their collective lovefest with Obama. The only hope we have is tp preasure our states into retaking their Constitutional powers. If not, then the people have to retake them. There is an excellect website www.constitution.org... that gives us step by step ways of regaining, no, retaining our rights as human beings. Others in other countries have never known the kind of freedom that America once had and do not understand our blood has paid for our constitution. They can comment all they like on their forms of governemnt but the American government was and is unique on this planet. You can read our constitution in an hour. How long does it take them to read theirs? Ours is quite simple and specific but we have not done our duty as Americans to enforce it. Our forefathers warned us many times but we did not listen. I do not expext any response as I usually don't receive them from any of my posts but I had to get this off of my chest. There will be an unpleasent bloody war if we do not make our states enforce the Constitution and the people are forced to do so instead, which is our right. This right is not granted as rights are not granted. It is our right as free men and not slaves. Please read the referenced web site before you criticize it as a fringe movement as it speaks a lot of truth and may be our last and best hope.

Thomas Jefferson, in the Kentucky Resolutions, 1798:

... the Constitution of the United States, having delegated to Congress a power to punish treason, counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States, piracies, and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations, and no other crimes whatsoever; and it being true as a general principle, and one of the amendments to the Constitution having also declared, that "the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people," therefore the act of Congress, passed on the 14th day of July, 1798, and intituled "An Act in addition to the act intituled An Act for the punishment of certain crimes against the United States," as also the act passed by them on the -- day of June, 1798, intituled "An Act to punish frauds committed on the bank of the United States," (and all their other acts which assume to create, define, or punish crimes, other than those so enumerated in the Constitution,) are altogether void, and of no force; and that the power to create, define, and punish such other crimes is reserved, and, of right, appertains solely and exclusively to the respective States, each within its own territory.

new topics

join