It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First COD6-MW2 In-Game footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

One of the most likely candidates for best-selling game of 2009 is Modern Warfare 2. Until today, the only footage of the Call of Duty 4 sequel was an ambiguous teaser trailer. On Sunday, during an NBA playoff game featuring the Orlando Magic and Boston Celtics, TNT aired a brief trailer showcasing the first in-game footage of Modern Warfare 2.

The short clip showed several scenes, including an airfield fracas in the cold (with one soldier flipping another to the ground) and an underwater mission. No, not a mission in a sub, but one both in and out of a small submersible. Also shown was a firefight on snowmobiles with the action cutting at one point to a first-person view of character driving down a snow-covered mountain. The footage can best be described as the coolest looking G.I. Joe game ever. No, really, it looked like scenes from the classic cartoon re-imagined for Activision's brutal and bloody modern war.

Source - IGN

--LINK TO TRAILER--

The news several of you were asking about.

The first real trailer for COD6 was released several days ago on prime-time TV in the US.

Read the above article for details, but so far things are looking good.

Looking forward to the release.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
.....lol

15 seconds shows a whole lot about a game, let's just hope it wasnt made by the same people who did COD5 -.-

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

T'isn't.

Treyarch (French for fail apparently) did COD3 and COD5... which is fairly obvious considering the sheer parallel badness between them.

Infinity Ward did COD4, and are back at the helm for COD6 so my hopes are high.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Beautiful. Infinity Ward = Own.

Anyone ever play the original COD and United Offensive?

Those games we're epic for their day... Stalingrad PPSh owning. =D

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yeah. I lined up to get it on the day it came out hah. *cough ubernerd cough*

One of my mate's families owned a huge internet company in town, so I'd go to his place and he had a room set up with surround sound and a wall projector etc etc.

COD 1 on that was pretty much the best day of my life at that point. It was like OMFG REALIZMS

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

you most DEFINITELY remember when BF1942 came out.....oh the dogfights.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yeah.

When it came out I was working at the local Apple store... and in lunchbreaks all the staff would play a game or 2 of BF1942.

Bocage ftw.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

and an underwater mission

This lured me in immediately. As does that "mission in the north" reminds me alot of the first two Metal Gear games.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I can't wait for COD6 to come out! MW2 will rule!

I'm planning on taking a few days off work just to play for hours on end lol.

top topics

join