It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baptist School Teen Expects Suspension for Going to Public School Prom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
fundamentalist "Christians" are not as bad as fundamentalist Muslims..

www.foxnews.com...

Officials at Heritage Christian School in Findlay had warned 17-year-old Tyler Frost that he would be suspended and prohibited from attending graduation if he went to the Saturday dance. The fundamentalist Baptist school in northwest Ohio forbids dancing, rock music and hand holding.

Frost says he went to the dance because he wanted to experience the prom and didn't think it was wrong.

School officials say he could complete his final exams separately to receive a diploma.

Frost's stepfather says the rules shouldn't apply outside of school and he may take legal action if Frost is suspended.

Or are they?

If fundamentalist Christians had more influence over the government and laws would our superior western world be any less oppressive than the Islamic Middle Eastern nations?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

It's all about control. The same sorts of things happen in public schools where students are sanctioned for things they've done outside of school hours off of school property having nothing to do with a school function.

And, of course, there's the jokes

Q: Why don't Baptists have sex while standing up?
A: Someone might think they are dancing!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Rules are rules I guess. If extremist religious schools want to make rules, I am OK with that. Every group or association has rules. If one chooses not to follow the stated rules, usually their are repercussions and or discipline involved.

In the case of the young man going to a non church prom, I ask you, is this what you expect your groups faith to determine what you do outside of your church group?

If you choose to take your punishment, so be it.

If you choose to reject your punishment, so be it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The fundamentalist Baptist school in northwest Ohio forbids dancing, rock music and hand holding.

For years now I have heard things like this about Muslims, and seen how it has been used to demonize them, demonize "radical" fundamentalist Islamic sects.

In reality, any religion can be twisted, used to control people and worse.

We have our own demons here in the USA, and they to claim to be doing the work of God.

I wonder how long it will be before Radical Christians hijack planes and fly them into buildings?

new topics

top topics

join