It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activity at N.Korean Test Sites Intensifies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Activity at N.Korean Test Sites Intensifies

english.chosun.com

North Korea has been speeding up construction of a new long-range missile test site in Tongchangri, North Pyongan Province. And vehicles and personnel are busily moving around in Kilju, North Hamgyong Province, where the North conducted an underground nuclear test in 2006, showing signs of preparations for another.

"The North has recently been speeding up construction at the test site in Tongchangri by deploying more equipment and personnel," a South Korean government official said Wednesday. "We expected the North would complete construction sometime late this year, but it now seems tha
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is expected... but will they do a nuclear tiped missile test with a warhead? Or will they blow up a nuke then launch conventionnal missiles?

Last time their missiles failed and even their nuke test was weak... some people even say it was a fake.

We might see...

So will they do a test on July 4 like last time to taunt the US?

english.chosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

This is expected... but will they do a nuclear tiped missile test with a warhead?

I hope so.

With their track record, it will end up on their own heads; no more Korean peninsula tension.

Problem solved.

AB1

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused here, since when does NK have nukes? I read an article that stated NK didn't have any, and the next day they say they do?! The same problem with Iran, so anyone? What is fact and what is fiction?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
NK Korea claims to have nukes and the rest of the world agrees with them. Also they carried out a test althought it was pretty small.

Originally posted by Clairaudience
I'm a bit confused here, since when does NK have nukes? I read an article that stated NK didn't have any, and the next day they say they do?! The same problem with Iran, so anyone? What is fact and what is fiction?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Their nukes are not a problem... until they can master nuclear warheads able to fit on a missile with MIRV or 50 megaton warheads... and of course missiles that DO work with 10.000 miles range.

Until then, you should more worry about the 13.000 artillery pieces in bunkers in the mountains on the border with Seoul as a last-resort target that would kill 500.000 in the first 30 minutes of a hot war.

They wouldn't use a nuke against Seoul unless they had to and even then I'm not sure. South Koreans are their own, they have families... they would only use nukes on Japan, US ships and US mainland. And there's the whole radiation business.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience

Sounds familiar..hmmm let me think..oh yes those dirty old Iraqi's, yes thats right, we were all told that they could attack European country's with Anthrax and Bio weapons via the scud missiles..lol ,

new topics

top topics

join