It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it was real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hi, I would like to share with you a dream I had about 20 yrs ago. My grandfather died when I was 9, he and I were very close as my mother and I lived with grams and graps after her divorce. When I arrived at the hospital, he had already passed, I remember very upset. I asked If I could go say goodbye, apparently it was a big deal as the nurses thought I was not old enough for some reason, grandma and momma won and I was allowed to go into the room. I wasn't fazed by it at all, he looked very peaceful, but perhaps bc I was 9 I wanted to believe that he was joking and would eventually pop up with a "just kidding", didn't happen. It was a lot to deal with as it was my first experience with death and it was someone very close to me. So, that leads me to my dream. I remember him coming into my room and telling me we were going to go fly around one last time. We flew to my grandmothers house and looked around at all the people that came to pay their respects. He asked me if I understood why the people were upset, and I told him they were upset because he died and it made them sad, I should note that no one could see or hear us. He explained to me that there was nothing to be sad about, that he was very happy, and if he wasn't sad about it why should I be, so then we made a little fun of all the sad people and started laughing together. We flew around a little more, bc he said that would be the last time I could talk/see him, then we flew home and he dropped me off. After this, I was no longer sad, everything was fine bc I knew he was fine. It's just that I am not the type of person to really remember to many of dreams, and to remember it for over 20 yrs. seems weird. Plus, the way I remember it is a little strange, its not filed in my head as a foggy dream, it really feels like memory if you get what I'm saying. I know what I think, or what I would like to believe, but do think that was him, do think a deceased person would come back to let a person know that they are "ok"?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

do think a deceased person would come back to let a person know that they are "ok"?

I doubt it was your grandfather but I'm no expert. If I had to make a guess I'd say it was a angel of the Lord sent to make you feel better. It came in the form of your grandfather because that would be easier for you to except.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A beautiful dream. Yes, I believe your grandfather gave you a special visit. There is life after life.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Both nice options, thanks. I've had this memory since I was 9, and it has provided me great comfort on so many levels over the years.

top topics

join