It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement) = Snake Oil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is the response i got from a biochemist friend who read this article, your thoughts would be appreciated.

phaelosopher.wordpress.com...

------------------------

"its total bs

the article states that "all healthy tissue and aerobic microorganisms are unaffected by chlorine dioxide".

first of all it would be impossible for an oxidising agent to discriminate between aerobic and anaerobic organisms or cells when circulating in the body.

secondly there are quite a few pathogenic bacteria that are aerobic such as the bacteria that cause leprosy and tuberculosis. look at "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathogenic_bacteria" in the respiration column of the basic laboratory characteristics section. there's quite a few listed as aerobic and the ones that are facultative anaerobic also live in oxygen.

another problem with this statement is that a malarial parasite living in an infected person would technically be a healthy aerobic organism, it just happens that it lives inside of and destroys red blood cells and liver cells, causing death.

the article also states that “in 1999, the American Society of Analytical Chemists proclaimed chlorine dioxide to be the most powerful pathogen killer known to man”

a quick google and wikipedia search shows no evidence of the existence of this organisation

it also says that red blood cells carry the chlorine dioxide around the body where it oxidises and destroys pathogens. this is not possible, the chlorine dioxide would just as readily oxidise and destroy/damage a red blood cell as it would a pathogen.

If the chlorine dioxide doesn’t hit anything that can set it off, it will deteriorate, and thus lose an electron or two. This may allow it to combine with a very important substance that the immune system uses to make hypochlorous acid. This compound kills pathogens, killer cells, and even cancerous cells

Killer cells are not bad. They make up a major component of the immune system by destroying tumor cells and cells infected by viruses

Medical treatments currently provide you NO way of removing the poisons when said poisons don’t work. You are left on your own in a strange land and diseased state, without a roadmap back to health

If the supposed “poisons” didn’t work they would have already been removed from the body by the liver and kidneys by the time u made that conclusion. The primary purpose of the kidneys and liver are to remove toxic substances from the body."

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

Your friend is correct. Total BS. They even got the chemistry wrong; NaClO3 is sodium chlorate. Sodium Chlorite is NaClO2.

Look up the common uses of chlorine dioxide and it will show that it is a fairly strong oxidizer which will not discriminate between healthy and unhealthy anything. It just oxidizes anything with the requisite oxidation potential, such as tissue.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply

I'm amazed that people are buying and using it, surely this is a massive scam that could be slowly killing people?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This stuff (MMS) is being touted as a cure by Mr. Jeff Rense..I think He is actually a reseller, or maybe just an advertiser. I believe there is much more to this MMS story, as soon as I get 'new thread' powers I will make a post. I am thinking there is a link between the conspiracy industry and big corporations such as DuPont who make the main ingredient to this magical cure. I am thinking this could be a direct link to internet viral misinformation and the corporate world who runs our lives. I will be doing more research.

new topics

top topics

join