It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Pollution Endangers Lives of Six in Ten Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Air Pollution Endangers Lives of Six in Ten Americans

www.truthout.org

Washington, DC - Six out of every 10 Americans - 186.1 million people - live in areas where air pollution endangers lives, according to the 10th annual American Lung Association State of the Air report released today.

Some of the biggest sources of air pollution - dirty power plants, dirty diesel engines and ocean-going vessels - also worsen global warming, the Lung Association says in State of the Air 2009.

As America deals with the linked challenges of air pollution, global warming and energy, the Lung Association urges Congress, the U.S. EPA and individuals to choose solutions
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ok sure, coal plants and automobile exhaust effect the air pollution. Yet what about chemtrails? No mention of these toxic streamers that military jets pump into the sky all across america in every major city and its surrounding suburbs. Global warming is a bunch of bs. It has nothing to do with air pollution, industrial plants certainly cause pollution but to effect 6 out 10 of us... wow...

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
YAY!

More global warming, carbon tax BS fear mongering!

How lovely, I knew this would start this summer. Ofcourse the smog, the smog!!

However, I have lived in Toronto and the air there is nasty during the summer I will agree. The major cities are polluted, but you need only travel a half hour in any direction out of the city to get clean beautiful air.

Stupid MSM.

~Keeper

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

yea im 2 hours away you in buffalo... actually a suburb 20 miles south and the air in much nicer but ya know... MSM sucks

[edit on 2-5-2009 by iamjesusphish]

top topics

join