It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Helicopters Strike Kurd Villages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Iran Helicopters Strike Kurd Villages

www.abc.net.au

Iranian helicopters attacked three Iraqi Kurdish villages in a pre-dawn raid on Saturday, the first time Iran has used aircraft against Kurdish rebels.

There were no immediate reports of casualties.

"At 4:00am (local time) they attacked with artillery the villages of Kani Saif, Jomarasi and Kara Sozi, that belong to the Panjwin district," a senior Iraqi border guard official said condition of anonymity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Its not often when we get news like this - from Iranian operations in area of the Kurds... Helicopters means also ground operations in the area - recon and infantry moving...

What is happening? First time helicopters used means loads of new activity in the area, and ground forces needs support.

My very quick theory:

Iran is seeing arms, support floating to Kurds - and to prevent attacks from inside Iran at the time of very possible Israeli- US attack, now its time to deal with possible domestic threats - once and for all...

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

[edit on 2-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Operation seems to include also large ground op!

Iran shells Kurdish rebel positions in north Iraq

SULAIMANIYA, Iraq (Reuters) - Iran shelled Kurdish rebel positions in a remote area of northern Iraq's largely autonomous Kurdistan region Saturday, a spokesman for the Kurdish Peshmerga border guards said.

"They fired shells at the mountain area of Choma Sar. There were no casualties because it is a mostly unpopulated area," Jabbar Yawar said. The shelling started at around 1:30 a.m. EDT (0530 GMT) and continued for more than an hour.

Border guards also spotted Iranian military helicopters bombing an area just inside Iran. The aircraft did not cross into Iraq, he said.

Iranian officials did not immediately comment.

www.washingtonpost.com...

- IRAN ATTACKS IRAQ? Wtf

... Looks like lots of things are happening now! Huge bombings in Iraqi capital, Israel moves in Gaza, Iran attacks in Iraqi border... Lebanon just catch Israeli spy... Pakistan launch large attack towards Taleban, Russia is moving in South Ossetia - Georgian drill is soon taking place...

ERA OF ESCALATING WARS ARE HERE!

Just waiting news from Syria!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Iranian jets 'hit' Iraqi Kurd areas

Iranian helicopters have attacked three Kurdish villages in northern Iraq in an apparent cross-border raid targeting Kurdish separatists, according to an Iraqi Kurdish border guard official.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
its now a waiting game for the pin to drop to start the NWO's WWIII

we knew it was coming, this could be the start of it? or this could be just the muscle flexing we have been seeing... but it's coming..

but if Iran is attacking in Iraq, and happens to kill some US troops..well you can Imagine

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

You will be waiting along time then.As for this,its not uncommon,i've saw a few reports of Iran targetting Kurdisih rebels.Are you sure this is the first time they have used helicopter/planes though Janus?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Timing is everything.

Can not say if really Helicopters are first time used, but its a sign from hard measures - why now? I dont know, but...

Read these alarming news what is now spreading from Russia... In big picture Iran issue is deeply connected...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Activity in Gaza, and Peres going to Washington. Looks like great chessboard is making lots of moves now, under the cover of "flu."

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
there are no coincidences, everything is a well thought out choreographed plan

there are reasons behind everything, some we wont find out until way later in time, things that seem trivial and of no meaning hold meaning in due time

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

So indeed they are - Its all about the plan.

I am just waiting that there will come leak - or maybe even press confrence, maybe even from CDC or WHO that this Virus H1N1 pandemia is with no doubt a biological weapon, and suspected countries behind it are...

Then we will see a war - Problem-Reaction-Solution.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

its now a waiting game for the pin to drop to start the NWO's WWIII

we knew it was coming, this could be the start of it? or this could be just the muscle flexing we have been seeing... but it's coming..

but if Iran is attacking in Iraq, and happens to kill some US troops..well you can Imagine

Why would this start WW111? this is nothing new, WW111 didn't start when the USA kept crossing into Pakistan chasing Rebels, why would this be different?

Any condemnation of this would just look like a do as I say, Not as I do scenario, all sides are doing thing's and have done thing's they have condemned others for in the past, for all anyone knows these Rebels could have been doing operations inside Iran, and are just following the standards others have used before, and I have to admit if I was in charge I wouldn't be sitting by and letting invisible borders stop me preventing more of the same.

There are too many uncooperative countries in the World for the NWO to kick start another World War, I have a feeling that not everything is going the way the NWO wants it too recently.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal. We cross-border attack Pakistan all the time and that is always cool-gravy. Iran cross-border attacks into Iraq is no big deal. George Bush is not in office.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is an absolutely STUPID move by Iran's leadership. Americans are operating in northern Iraq where a large number of Kurdish reside. Americans are currently drawing up plans to leave a combat ready force in the Kurdistan region of Iraq for an indefinite amount of time. This could be the excuse the Israeli's and the Americans were looking for to strike Iran.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Interesting news, indeed. Country which is using attack helicoters towards it own ppulation - we cant count to be very stable, uh? :O!

Iranian helicopters attacked three Iraqi Kurdish villages in a pre-dawn raid on Saturday, the first time Iran has used aircraft against Kurdish rebels.

Iraqi Kurds are considered Iranian population?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Although it really stink's to admit you are correct. T
his is the start of something and the Iranians and the Russians are taking their stand and drawing the line's in the sand so to say. I don't really blame the Russian's for massing at the border's the last time there was an "excersize" the idiot in gerogia tried to invade the neighbor's and blew up some stuff. Now that they are under the Russians protection they HAVE to go and amass at the border.
Don't forget that lil kim has also made it public that they ARE going to start up their plants yet again to make nuclear weapons. But who are they going to use them on? I mean really if they set them off in South Korea they themselves get hit with fall out too. So begs to differ as to who exactly they are making these things for after all. They have enough balistic missles aimed at seoul to take it out in a matter of minutes they don't need a nuke to do it.
WAY to much movement on the war front if you ask me. It seriously look's like everyone is trying to provoke everyone else now.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Yeah... Ive notice my stupidity. But. But. But... Ok. No "Buts" this time!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well I'm very much anti-war period. All war. But the Iranians are in a precarious spot. To agitate America like this is just asking for the Americans to finally green light Israel. And then that crap storm starts. I don't like this because of the broader implications. If America started going after targets in Iran for supporting insurgents in Iraq it would cause another war. A much more costly war. Iranian leadership thinks that by doing what the American do they can keep them at bay..We all know this isn't the case. The powers that be want a war with Iran, they WANT to secure those resources.

I don't like where this is going at all.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Because they can.

This would have never happened under the Bush administration.

Iran is testing the US, they believe that with Obama in office they can get away with this. If you think this is bad, wait until the USA pulls out of Iraq completely.

Iran will be the test that Biden spoke of.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
DID WE GET SOME REASONS, FROM REUTERS?

Iran readies for battle at nuclear arms ban talks

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Iran has attacked the United States ahead of a major meeting on the troubled global anti-nuclear arms treaty, slamming U.S. cooperation with Israel and India while ignoring President Barack Obama's offers of dialogue.

Four working papers prepared for the meeting by Iran and obtained by Reuters show Tehran is redoubling its efforts to draw attention away from its own nuclear program by turning the spotlight on Washington for what it says are clear breaches of the 1970 Non-Proliferation Treaty, Western diplomats says.

www.reuters.com...

- "while ignoring President Barack Obama's offers of dialogue." AND WHERE REUTERS GET THAT INFO? wtf... All what I have read Iran has been open for dialogue with US, but there has been none. How can you ignore, if there is no invitations?

--- How stupid media "we the people" they keep us?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Statement from Kurds:

Iraq's Kurds condemn cross-border attacks by Iran

SULAIMANIYAH, Iraq (AFP) – Iraq's Kurdish regional government on Sunday condemned an Iranian air raid against alleged separatists inside Iraq but also called on Kurdish militants to cease cross-border attacks.

"We condemn these attacks and demand their immediate halt," a statement said. "They have caused the citizens to flee and harmed the growing season for the farmers and residents of these areas."

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A move of this nature is too provocative to write off as an 'internal' matter.

There is much to be inferred from the timing of this development.

But let us not kid ourselves. I doubt this was much of a "surprise" to our leaders.

These kinds of military actions require logistic support preparations that few nations can conceal effectively, at least not from the owners of so many surveillance satellites.

Which leads me to ask. Why were they not confronted during the staging of these actions by our State Department to inquire as to their motives and allow the governments to try and deter this violence? Oh, what am I saying? Never mind...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join