It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker: I Broke Into Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

On Wednesday, an anonymous hacker going by the name of Hacker Croll posted 13 screenshots to a French online discussion forum, apparently captured while logged into the Twitter account of Jason Goldman, a director of product management with Twitter.

source

I don't use Twitter personally, but i know a lot of people do, so in way of a heads up i'm posting this. This is the second time Twitter has been hacked. Looks like they would beef up their security a bit...

On the other hand, hackers are crafty. It's to be expected that sites as popular as Twitter would get hit eventually. Still, it seems it would cost less in money and bad public relations to hire security experts who can prevent this sort of thing.

TA

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
So what exactly are they protecting. People sign up with a screen name and then post messages, mostly meaningless to the world. If twitter disappeared tomorrow the world wouldn't end and 99.9% of the world's population would just march on.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Ran across this article which states that the government is using Twitter, now. If for nothing else, that's one good reason to beef up security.

TA

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That's good. Maybe the military will recruit young people that would never have much of a chance to make something of themselves in real world.

I See nothing wrong recruiting for the military on the net or in schools. The military offers you a place to live, three squares a day and an education while getting paid.

Then there's the free medical care for you and a wife and family should you get married.

As far as hackers go, well that just comes with the territory.

If you can't run with the big dogs then stay on the porch.

new topics

top topics

join