It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig Death Toll?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've been searching for the number of pigs who have died due to the Swine Flu with little to no luck. This site is the only one I found with any reference to the number of pigs killed.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has delivered a grim report on the number of swine flu related deaths, saying that the death toll may now be as high as 2,000,000 pigs following a mass culling overnight.

This number seems ambiguous due to the statment "following a mass culling". It also seems odd that people in the hog\pig\swine industry did not see or report any concerns about swine health until humans became infected, if even then.

I could be wrong and maybe there are many reports of mass swine death and infection prior to these recent human deaths. If so this is actually the aim of this thread, to compile information on possible precursors to the gravity of the swine flu and similar diseases. If not and there has been no mention of any recent mass pig infection or death this sudden introduction of the swine flu to humans seems unwarranted. Or am I the only one who finds it odd that the fear of this flu popped up overnight without any inclination?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by ListenD]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ListenD

You are right to be suspicious.

Not one pig, anywhere in the world, has been found to be carrying this virus. Thus the move by Obama et al to "protect the innocent," i.e. pig farmers, by renaming the disease H1N1. Interestingly, Germany has responded to requests to cease and desist calling it swine flu by renaming it American Flu.

Egypt, in a panic reaction, has begun a massive cull of its 300.000 pigs, but this is a pointless waste. The virus behind this outbreak is a conglomerate of four viruses; two pig viruses from opposite sides of the world, a bird flu virus, and a human flu virus. This unusual combination, combined with the fact that the 1918 pandemic virus, (also a bird flu, swine flu, human flu combination,) has been dug up in Alaska, reverse engineered and enhanced to make it even more virulent, leads one to wonder just how such a Frankenstein's monster came about.

Worryingly, the answer may lie in the belief expressed by some of the most powerful men in the world that this Earth would be better of with a few less of us peons on it, about six billion less, to be precise.

Swine Flu: Don't Blame the Pig

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Interestingly, Germany has responded to requests to cease and desist calling it swine flu by renaming it American Flu.

Why? Looks like it originated in Mexico.

Originally posted by Kailassa
Egypt, in a panic reaction, has begun a massive cull of its 300.000 pigs, but this is a pointless waste.

It's not a waste if it is converted into nice, crispy bacon.

Then it's a mistake in the key of delicious!!

new topics

join