It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we try to catch H1N1 now to build antibodies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This may be the dumbest question yet, but it’s a serious one that I haven’t seen brought up.

Reading about the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, the virus started out “mild” and then mutated into a more virulent form in a couple of months. If H1N1 follows the same course, would we not be better off catching it now (before medical facilities are over run), allowing our bodies to build antibodies to fight it off in the future (assuming it doesn’t mutate such that the antibodies would be worthless)?

Just wondering if I should go “kiss a pig” ☺

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It is an interesting question, but i think we need proper biologist to answer.

It is not a dumb question at all, but who knows. Just know that what ever comes the human race has gone through worse before.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
you probably should get H1N1 but it will do you no good because they will probably hit you with H1N2 or H1N3 when they want the main show to start.
this flu is just a trial run like sars was.
somehow it will mutate in the southern hemisphere just before the Northern hemisphere flu season

BTW, kissing pigs will do no good, they don't have it, more chance of giving it to them

[edit on 1-5-2009 by munkey66]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandUnification

I don't think exposing yourself to it is a good idea. Common sense says to avoid it.

I just started to take licorice root herb. Honestly I don't feel it will help much with this outbreak, but it does help me sleep better, which is a plus.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Great question!
I was just thinking about it myself!

So If I want to get infected now while the virus is mild, how do I get it?

I live in a city, so there's no sick pigs around to make out with!

I guess my best bet would be to go to our International Airport and start licking door-knobs & other hard surfaces and whatnot?

Then a ride through the cafeteria of the airport, licking all the empty and dirty tea & coffe cups at people's tables would surely do the trick of getting me infected - don't you think?

Then on the other hand!

Maybe I shouldn't do this just yet?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I honestly think I had it already in March.. My family thinks I'm crazy, but I don't think its THAT crazy.. Anyway, I like to think you would develop antibodies, but like the others mentioned, it could mutate again. Then you would not have all the antibodies to fight it off..

I don't know how you would go about catching it.. Maybe stand in the middle of the ER in Mexico city with no mask
Thats a little nuts for my taste though lol.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
it would be better to get it right now or over the summer... if fall comes and this gets away from everyone the hospitals could become way overcrowded

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I tried the same thing with AIDS but it seems to have backfired

Seriously though, don't worry about it. Just eat healthy and be happy whilst you can. Pull your head out of the material world of the media and get immersed in a world full of friends, family and fun.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I spoke about this with friends just the other day!
I also wondered if it might be better to catch it early,and perhaps build up some sort of imunity, before it has a chance to mutate into something nasty!
However,i am no doctor,so i am not sure if this method might be successful or not.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It's Friday!

What better way to celebrate than kissing a pig?

I actually think that people who get the mild version of the flu might be better off should the flu mutate.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandUnification

Let me explain please...How many of you have had the flu before? all of us...how many have gotten it multiple times in their lives? all of us...getting the flu once doesn't stop you from getting it again later...why? because the strains are all slightly different and ever mutating...same thing with the swine flu virus, getting it now won't help anything...

how to treat the swine flu? (as given by multiple opinions of micro-biologist and doctor's i've talked to personally, one being my brother)

Vitamin A, Vitamin D. Drinking silver colloidal water (you can also put it in a humidifier and breathe in the vapor to help fight the disease as well) Goldseal ROOT tea...

LET ME BE EXTREMELY CLEAR PEOPLE - the above WILL WORK to fight off this disease, TAMIFLU WILL NOT WORK, and any vaccination they come up with will be DANGEROUS. goldseal root has been used for thousands of years to fight off diseases.

DO NOT TAKE ECHINACEA for this, it boosts the immune system and a immune system boost is dangerous with this specific virus as it causes an over-reaction in the body and will cause you to vomit blood.

N95 Masks won't do much good
N100 mask WITH EXCHANGEABLE CARTRIDGE FILTERS are best, with goggles if the virus is floating in the air (EX: hospitals) (make sure the mask is not paper mask with the edges that dont suck to face, any gap is dangerous)

MORE IMPORTANTLY PEOPLE: this virus will mutate and become dangerous come winter, until then prepare things will get VERY bad come winter, right now its all hype.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING ANY VACCINE THEY MAKE - GO TO JAIL AND FIGHT FOR YOUR VERY LIFE, RESIST THE SHOT

[edit on 1-5-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

top topics

join