It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Trying to Use Medical Records to Ban Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard about this?
The article does not give a link to the actual bill.

Congress is moving closer to a showdown over the largest expansion of government in modern U.S. history -- a bill which would require virtually every single American to buy government-approved health insurance, whether they wanted it or not. And, in the process, that bill would feed all of your most confidential medical data into an enormous database, which could be used to take away your guns.

www.opposingviews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Congress will no longer have to try to ban guns.

They already have enough votes in the house to pass any legislation. And with the Specter switch and Franken in the picture, the Senate should have enough Democrats to pass any legislation they see fit. So, if they are really going to go after guns, there is no better time than now with a democrat controlled Congress and White House.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Ahh, and there starts the revolution!

Why does it say
"a bill which would require virtually every single American to buy government-approved health insurance"

I thought that Obama was going to give us all free health care? At least that is what his supporters have been droning on about. Obama will save us from the cradle to the grave, right?
So, why would they be insisting that everyone BUY health insurance?
Or, am I missing something?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Outlawing guns and taking them are two completely different things. We know the dems will do all they can to come up with some new excuse to ban the sale of so called assault weapons, but just like last time, they are faced with the harsh reality that they have no control on the firearms already out there.

Everyone has heard about the mad rush for firearms annd supplies since November. The way I look at it the Dems can only blame themselves for most of the new firearm sales since the election. Barack is definitely the firearm salesman of the year.

Let's hope someone is being alarmist in assuming medical records can used in determining elgibility for a new deer rifle.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Psychiatric records maybe, as in a clinical diagnosis for depression or bipolar, but I can not see them banning you from fire arms because you have high colesterol. Use of Psyc records should have been implemented a long time ago if you ask me. Originally the laws and NICS system was intended to check psychiatric backgroud but it never did. I am all for gun rights but I do feel some people don't need them.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
They already ban guns for millions of americans based on criminal record. In most cases some drug possession "crime" that had nothing to do with guns or even violence.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Last week I joined my wife at a conference in Reno regarding Indian Health. I'm waiting for the documentation now but they were informed that everything they have learned about patient confidentiality has been thrown out the door and is now being regulated by FOIA. Basically the way she explained it to me is that anyone can access your medical records for any reason if you are in the federal system. Again I was going to post something along these lines and I still intend to as soon as I get my hands on that Memo from BHO.

This is important.

new topics

top topics

join