It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out for swine flu scams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It didn't take scammers long to latch on to the latest hot-button topic to try to make a quick buck. Scams built on fears of swine flu are proliferating quickly across the Internet.

The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team issued an alert this week warning of a number of e-mail scams related to the swine flu. The attacks arrive via an unsolicited e-mail message typically containing a subject line related to the swine flu.

"These e-mail messages may contain a link or an attachment. If users click on this link or open the attachment, they may be directed to a phishing Web site or exposed to malicious code," the alert said.

source

Should've known someone would pull this stunt.

Be well, be careful and good luck.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Darn,

I've been working on an amulet that is guaranteed to prevent you from getting swine flu.

If you do get the swine flu, you will be refunded your purchase price, minus shipping and handling .

Darn

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm just waiting to see the price of surgical masks, surgical gloves, hand sanitizers and gas masks to skyrocket. Mass hysteria always leads to someone making a profit.

And if anyone is interested, I got a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell you, guarenteed if you jump off of it (purchase required) that you will be immune to the swine flu.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I warned my mom about that, she is a chronic forwarder of emails, and I want to make sure she doesn't open up any emails with swine flu or pandemic in the title because honestly any communication regarding this between me and her will be on the phone.

top topics

join