It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testimony from people who are in Mexico NOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I found this site extremely interesting, reading posts from people who live in Mexico or are visiting; they give the real story from what I can tell.

This won't make you feel any better though.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good Job, this is what i've been looking for. Experiences, Peoples Point of View.

My Favorite

Yesterday in my office it was a bit surreal walking in to see all in blue masks with deep cleansing of computer equipment and surfaces going on. Let's hope it is contained and does not escalate. The local news is reporting 200 fatalities and reports of flu spreading from areas outside of Mexico City. Given the volume of daily commuter traffic on cramped busses and trains, this may not have to be too virulent to be disastrous in human terms. I wonder what controls there will be on flights in and out.

Could you imagine, everywhere just masks, but others have said only half wear the masks, and the other half, simply says they do not care. People, don't care about anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yes I noticed that "LOCAL media reported 200 dead" -- that post was from a few days ago as far as I can tell. And national media isn't saying 200 dead. What is happening and what we are being told appears to be two different things. Those people in Mexico are not being treated. A city of 20 million in a developing country, with a pig flu outbreak, and there are pig stalls in every other yard???

We are getting into troubled water as Ted Kennedy might say.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I cant really blame the ones that dont care. The masks aint going to save us if this virus is as deadly as they assume it is. Is a mask going to save you from the powers that want to get rid of you (assuming this is man made)? I think not.

Not to sound pessimistic though

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Hey Bombeni........Where in the He### have you been.......This is it!! All that stuff we talked about on yours and other threads is going down.......What ever you do "Do not take the vaccine"

They are coming for us........be prepared....

Great thread, I will put it on my list to follow.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This tracking map shows all cases be it suspected, confirmed, or deaths - across the globe.

Also gives specs on the person(s) affected.

Might be a good link to bookmark for a while.

FluMap

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

This deserved a thread of it's own!
There are still too many unanswered questions, especially concerning
Mexico, the fatalaties there, and the idfference between the Media reporting and what is actually happening!

S&F!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Well Clouds I've been around. I don't know what to make of this yet. I want to think it is a false alarm, but I'm flip-flopping a lot now. But don't worry, I won't drink the koolaid. Lol

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thank you Burn, yeah that is what I thought, it gives us the straight dope of what Mexicans and people who are visiting there are seeing/hearing.

I've been following your thread but didn't want this Mexico Blog to get buried.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Reading things like this makes me wonder......... is anyone truly interested in tracking down and stopping this virus?

The 39-year-old bricklayer fell ill two weeks ago and became one of the first Mexicans to die of swine flu. But no health worker has come to his home outside Mexico City to offer medicine or ask about the neighbors' pigs.

In fact, Gerardo Leyva Lolis' widow says nobody even told her he died of swine flu until The Associated Press informed her the case had been confirmed by the director of the hospital where he was rushed last week.

The family's experience raises troubling questions about Mexico's response to the epidemic and one of its greatest mysteries: why the disease is killing people in Mexico, but so far nowhere else. "I don't know what to think," Antonia Cortes Borbolla said Sunday, holding back tears in the two-room wood and cinderblock home she shared with her husband and their three teenage sons in this rural town of 18,000 located 40 miles outside Mexico City.

Their neighbors - three of whom keep pigs in their yards - had harsher things to say about the failure of Mexican health officials to provide medicine to protect those closest to the swine flu victim.

Complete article
HERE

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am wondering could this flu affect hispanic people differntly?

Not sure unless we have all the data in. Anyways its spreading fast.

Now they are saying a women on a plane in PA might have had this flu, there not sure yet. But they took all passangers names anyways just in case.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Did this really start in Mexico? The mystery just deepens day by day.

This rare virus has increased its virulence very rapidly since March 2009, when the first two cases that started this terrible epidemic/pandemic flu (the World Health Organization will determine within the next few hours the level of virulence) were detected in a 10-year-old boy in San Diego County and a 9-year-old girl in Imperial County in Southern California.
The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) has reported more cases since then in San Diego County and two more in the State of Texas, totaling at least well known cases. The eighth U.S. case is a child in the San Diego area, and was identified last Friday. It is said that of the eight patients, one is known to have traveled to Mexico City recently, the Wall Street Journal reported today. And that is how all this problem started in Mexico, City.

livingstrongandhappy.blogspot.com...

Federal, state and local health officials are investigating why two kids in California got infected with a new swine flu in late March without getting into contact with pigs or with each other.

The 10-year-old boy from San Diego County and the nine-year-old girl from neighboring Imperial County recovered from the H1N1 subtype of influenza A, which is rare in humans, and there are no indication the virus is spreading, U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) officials said Tuesday.

www.vitabeat.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

This tracking map shows all cases be it suspected, confirmed, or deaths - across the globe.

Also gives specs on the person(s) affected.

Might be a good link to bookmark for a while.

FluMap

Another good map: /swinemap

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Not saying that 200 people didnt dir but the media is only reporting confirmed cases. They do however claim that many people may have died from it. To me this is just being responsible, which the msm tends to lack most of the time.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I found this site extremely interesting, reading posts from people who live in Mexico or are visiting; they give the real story from what I can tell.

This won't make you feel any better though.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Its the BBC.....

Brown Broadcasting Corporation.....

HYPE HYPE and more FEAR and HYPE....

UK Government mouthpeice.....

The BBC is even less credible than some of the stuff on this site IMO

MR

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
WOW! I see more panic in this boards that in my city.

I live in Mexico in a city very near to La Gloria, Perote which was reported to be the very centre of this flu outbreak.
My school got shut down and all but kids were already talking about going out to drink and have fun. I think nobody really knows what's going on. Believe me! our media doesn't help that much. Some say 160 are already dead then you hear someone say only 20 were actually caused by the swine flu. One little kid from Perote was tested positive. Some are starting to wear blue masks then you hear these are useless. Sometimes streets and places look deserted but people still have to go to work. It's confusing! It's on the news all day long.

People down here in Mexico fall into three categories: those in panic, those living their lives with precaution and those who don't care at all.
One thing is true: who is going to take care of you if you don't take care of yourself in the first place.
As for me I only go out to the gym and stay home all day. 8 more days until I go back to school and normal life... I hope.

Our goverment either doesn't care or doesn't want to tell us everything they know.
The governor of the State of Veracruz, OUR governor, a guy named Fidel Herrera which by the way is involved with Los Zetas (a drug cartel) was the first man to deny any connections between Perote and Swine flu because in his own *****ed up world Veracruz is a fantasy land where everything is fine and everyone is happy. You wouldn't believe what this guy is capable of doing before his image gets affected. He wants to be president one day. you know.
Mexico's Secretary of Health gave the order to shut down all schools nationwide and Fidel Herrera said no school was going to close in the state.
He thinks he's in command and his personal ambitions cause a big effect on us. The goverment knows flu cases are popping up all over the globe and they seem to take it very lightly. I mean this is serius stuff we are taking about here. No wonder why Mexico is the only place with fatal cases.
We are simply not prepared for this. We got the mafia, los zetas, we got the earthquake, the crisis and now the flu!

I live close to the place they claimed to be the centre of the outbrake. Everything is OK for now. I'll take my precautions. I just wanted you to know how things are going down here in Mexico. It's a very different point of view when you see it on the news.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Madrugadao

Thanks for that update Madrugadao, yeah that is what I see that Mexico is either unwilling or uncapable of handling what is going on there. This flu just started, and no telling how many are infected but won't get medical treatment (even many who try to get treatment are not treated), won't be advised how to protect their family members/neighbors etc. Half the country of Mexico could be wiped out before they get a handle on it.

The other scary thing is that the US is not stopping flights to and from Mexico, they are just letting this thing spread everywhere.

Will you keep us posted with what you know or find out please?

top topics

join