It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist: A response to disbeliever's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yes many poeple have raised great points of views, which all humans have thought about, but you uforget the concept of faith. To believe or have faith in something higher than yourself is the most relaxing feeling. I know God exist because I feel him in my mind, body, and soul. He is apart of me and every other human being in this world whether they know it or not.
Of course we cannot concieve the idea of God and life period because we did not create it. This idea is not meant for you to get becasue God is just testing you to see whether you have faith in him or not. It all goes back to Adam and Eve, we lost God's trust in the Garden of Eden. So in order for use to get that trust back we must show our faith in him.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Exactly!! But liblam is just so ignorant!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by reborn_mind
Yes many poeple have raised great points of views, which all humans have thought about, but you uforget the concept of faith. To believe or have faith in something higher than yourself is the most relaxing feeling. I know God exist because I feel him in my mind, body, and soul. He is apart of me and every other human being in this world whether they know it or not.
Of course we cannot concieve the idea of God and life period because we did not create it. This idea is not meant for you to get becasue God is just testing you to see whether you have faith in him or not. It all goes back to Adam and Eve, we lost God's trust in the Garden of Eden. So in order for use to get that trust back we must show our faith in him.

Ok, so we all lost God's trust with Adam and Eve as you say? So you are saying that Adam and Eve is a true story of creation. Which means you are saying that you believe in the bible. That means that you must believe that God is Omnipotent.

If God is Omnipotent, then he knows everything. Past, present, and future. That means that before he even created Adam and Eve, that he knew what their choices would be. Otherwise He could not have known everything. He could not be all powerful unless this is true. If this is true, that means that he must have created with the intent of these actions to be taken by Eve.

Explain to me how He could have lost trust in us for doing something that in reality, according to common Christian belief, we had no choice in? Here comes the whole "we have free will" argument. (I agree) But, we cannot have free will if our actions are already known. If the future is layed out anywhere, our choices are meaningless. They are not choices, rather actions that follow a predetermined path.

This is Unless, God does not know what actions we will take.

Now, you also talked about faith. You mentioned Adam and Eve, which means you do not subscribe to any evolution science. Let me make a point that I make often on this board. Faith isn't faith if you know for sure. As a christian, you are supposed to have faith without proof. A test of true loyalty to God.

If evolution does not exist, creationism must exist. Therefore God MUST exist. If God MUST exist, then there can be no faith in God. If evolution does exist, then God may or may not exist. This is the only way for your faith to be real.

These two points I have made will just glide right over the heads of people who refuse to see the truth about reality. Reality is that we do not know if their is a God. There are plenty of unanswered questions that leave room for Him though. The problem with religious people today is that they don't check their facts. They believe without question. They listen to what other PEOPLE tell them about God. Rarely making up their own mind. Rarely taking into account the real questions that make God possible. For instance, reborn_mind and AD5673. God cannot be what most people say He is. Those people can see this, but refuse to admit it even to themselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have said this many times but here it goes again:

Your Faith is illogical. If your argument is always "have faith" instead of a set of clear pungent facts, then you should reconsider. I will never believe in something without facts or some evidence. I want for you to prove to me with facts, not biassed assumptions, that god exist. I think it will be cool to believe in such a strong being who always has your back.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How do we know that God exists ?

because the Bible wrote about him.

How do we know that the Bible is right ?

because God wrote it.

How do we know that God wrote the Bible ?

because the Bible is the word of God.

How do we know that the Bible is the word of God ?

Becuase the Bible says so.

Deep

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

How do we know that the Bible is right ?

because God wrote it.

How do we know that God wrote the Bible ?

because the Bible is the word of God.

How do we know that the Bible is the word of God ?

Becuase the Bible says so.

Deep

First you say the bible wrote about him. Then you say he actually wrote it. If God himself actually wrote it then he's full of contradictions. Not to mention that he can't even count or make up his mind. Thats rather insulting to the almighty power of the universe don't you think.
Where does the Word say the BIBLE is the word of god? Verses please.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSoze

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

First you say the bible wrote about him. Then you say he actually wrote it. If God himself actually wrote it then he's full of contradictions. Not to mention that he can't even count or make up his mind.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Not exactly the argument that I would have gone with, but the idea is usually the same. Proof of god: the bible!?! You can no more prove that the bible is true then you can the Iliad. To believe that the bible is the word of god without scientific or even logical evidence to conclude as such requires faith. Now faith or the longing to believe a thing in such a way may seem like reality, but it is only personal reality and holds no residence in the broader sense of reality that something like a society or species exists within. Sometimes we desire something so intencely that we perceive it as a working of our reality, but that does not make it so for everyone. The only 'shared' reality that we have is unveiled through testable proof. Are the stories in the bible (eden, god, evil, heaven, etc) testable in a real world sense: No. Thus, in turn, the bible's god is also not testable in the same sense. If a thing is not testable in such a way then it holds no truth in our shared reality. It may be a perceived reality through one's faith, but it is not a proveble reality and thus not Truth in an absolute sense. Hense god does not exist. A 'god thing' may infact 'be', but it does not exist in such a way that we define fact, proof or reality.

top topics

join