It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Cherubim Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Many in the UFO community believe that the beings known as angels that are described in the Bible are actually alien entities. I'm wondering which of you believe this and where do you find the facts to back your theory on this?

According to some Sources there's 3 levels of Angels: The First Level is The Beloved (The Highest Rank):
Seraphim: - Those created to love God, the six-winged angels. They council the Host, making sure all the angels needs are met. Secretly they also act as God's 'spies' among the angels, always looking for the possibility of dissention.

Cherubim: - Those with the knowledge of God, His voice. They give out the missions to the angels best suited for the task. A select few are relegated to a life in Purgatory (aka the Dreaming), where they watch all of Time and report on it to God.

Thrones: - Those with the judgment of God, the divine sword. They are in control of bringing rogue angels to justice. They both judge and punish in God's name.

To some people this may connotate some sort of angelic/alien hierarchy. There's a couple other levels to this Angelic Ranking system and though not all of the information you'll find on angels is backed by biblical sources some you can find in esoteric Jewish literature as well as New Age lit.

For those of you that agree with these theories...what do you feel is evidence of these beings being alien and where do you find it?

[Edited on 4-25-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have always thought this was a POSSIBILITY.......via the Bible, and various books written VIA channeling.....(the Starseed transmissions) also the famous CHARIOTS OF THE GODS book(s)
reading the KEYS OF ENOCH was the real clincher for me.......and brought me to the conclusion that the Greys are really the "Angelic hosts"......so YES i am among the numbers of people who think this is TRUE

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can tell you that by comparing two Old Testament accounts it can be emphatically stated that:

"the likeness of a cherubim" = "the likeness of a man"

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
at this point i dont know what to believe. The actual christian beliefs sound like fairy tales. The alien take on it does have alot of interesting points, and explains alot. Ive had something on my mind for a while now, which will be the last paragraph i post. i dont believe in anything at this point. Both views are considered.

THIS has been on my mind for a while: The people in biblical times did not have a seperate source of light. They didnt have electricity, or high tech weapons. The things they saw had to be described by the vocabulary and the expiriences of the time. When a UFO used lights, the biblical people didnt know what lights were. The closest thing they had was fire.

Everyone knows the story about the burning bush... Suppose a UFO landed in the woods, or in some brush. The UFO most likely has lights on it, and the biblical people seeing the light from the UFO, through the brush could only describe it as a burning bush. You have to remember the only source of light they had was the sun, the moon, and fire. Of coarse a light up tree will appear to be "burning" to people of biblical times.

well that is just one example of how aliens could POSSIBLY be the explanation...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Realistically, the Bible would have to be proven as authentic before anybody can assume angels are real...let alone them being alien entities.

Quite a bit of the Bible has been verified but I'm sure many of you know what I mean by authenticated in it's entirety.

I'm not of the opinion Cherubim are aliens simply because our superior modern ego's assume ancient peoples wouldn't be adequately equipped to describe a being of unknown origin. I feel ancient peoples aren't given enough credit for their ingenuity and brilliance.

top topics

join