It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monitoring on Windows messenger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Monitoring on Windows messenger

Dear JARROD ,

Recently in his speech in France, Barack Obama called America "arrogant." 1 I'm sure the French loved it -- And so did the liberal press.

But who is this president who calls the American people arrogant?

This is the same politician whose supporters anointed him "The One" and a candidate who boasted that his election would be remembered as "the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." 2

This is the same man who indicated his disdain for small town and working Americans when he said they "cling to guns or religion or antipa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ok here is the story. about an hour ago i was talking to my friend over windows messenger, and i joking said how "i couldnt believe obama apologized to the frnech" and made a few more comments about it and then it was over. i interestingly enough, then received an e-mail from the Republican National Convention, and you will never guess what it was about. yep you guessed it, it was about how obama apologized to the french for america's arrogence. how weird, these 2 incidents happened within 30min of eachother i copied the e-mail, it might just be spam but nevertheless there is some kinda of web crawler looking for key words on messaging services. i just wanted everyone to be aware that what you say is most likely being monitored by someone or something.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure you can use Pidgin ( Pidgin ) for windows instant messaging, I would consider switching. MS code is notoriously insecure, i wouldn't doubt someone figured out how to eavesdrop on folks using the ms messenger.

TA

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
im in the process now of switching, although i doubt that it will make a huge difference. i think it seems likely to assume that they are all vunerable to this, even if windows code is less secure. nevertheless i am switching, i wonder if anyone else has had this problem, i am not registered as a republican or dem so i didnt intentionally give out my e-mail, but it is the one attached to the messenger account

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't see the problem... you are arrogant.

As a nation, you're quite arrogant.

The majority of you who visit other countries, your manors seem to be left at the border, and you spend most of your time telling them why they're all "commies" while sitting in a hotel watching TV, and repeatedly telling the hotel staff why you think America is "the greatest country on earth".

lol, I know that wasn't your intended topic...

As for your coincidental e-mail... coincidences do happen.

But, if you want to be spooked... I can watch what people are typing on MSN, depending on network proximity. Packet sniffers can easily watch MSN conversations, they're not encrypted.

No, pidgin isn't going to change that. If you're logging onto the MSN network, then you're broadcasting the same unencrypted data.

It's not the program, its the comm package for the MSN network itself.

I can also reply anonymously too!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
the problem was not the comment, it was the e-mail that followed immediately afterward. please try and follow the main points of the thread and not start a mud slinging match. also, many people are unaware their conversations can be viewed so i believe it is a good bit of info to give people. it has nothing to do with paranoia.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by paradox headache]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by paradox headache]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's called humor.

... read the other half of my post. You'll notice I jested.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Wow, so you just blatantly disregarded the guidelines for the breaking alternative news forum listed all over the actual window you posted this in, to post up a freakin coincidence.

If you wanted to have a discussion about this, could you not have put it in an actual board that corresponds to it instead of the BAN Forum??

As johnsky already stated. You can be monitored on ANY chat program. Eschelon ring a bell? If your on this board then you are interested in some sort of alternative thinking. Is it so hard to fathom that your being monitored in some sort of way??

My .02¢

Silver

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i just dont want the typical list of unimaginative insults that typically come from europeans ( dont know if you are or aren't) and directed towards americans thrown into the thread that turn the focus from the main point and start the "my country is better than your country" crap.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Okay, all cards on the table here, we already know this thread is going to get closed. It didn't follow the Breaking Alternative News posting guidelines.

The mods have been having trouble with that lately, and once they see this thread, they'll delete it.

As such, we're just having a bit of fun before it gets closed.

Try not to get so hot under the collar.

Re-make the thread in the computers section, and try to leave out most of the "arrogant" news brief... you'll get better reception.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

wow sorry for ruining your day for posting it in the wrong forum. i guess i didnt realize how serious of an offense it was, good god get a grip.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

i will try and move it, i use this site maybe once every few months so i overlooked it. the "arrogent" part was just what the convo was about is all.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Okay, you're clearly new to the forums.

The mods take their job seriously, we're not trying to get at you here, we're just letting you know what the mods are about to do.

Have a read through the regulations. Understand what the mods will and will not permit to happen on the forums.

If you've been reading ATS for a few years, you'll understand why the rules are so strictly enforced.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
im trying to remove the entire thread at the moment so i don't get anyone else pissed off im not sure how to just delete it, thats how much i use the site

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Okay, you're clearly new to the forums.

The mods take their job seriously, we're not trying to get at you here, we're just letting you know what the mods are about to do.

Have a read through the regulations. Understand what the mods will and will not permit to happen on the forums.

If you've been reading ATS for a few years, you'll understand why the rules are so strictly enforced.

Talk about arrogance! I can hear the SNOT dripping off YOUR post. If you find Americans SOOOO repulsive, don't call us next time you need to be bailed out pal!

new topics

top topics

join