It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drove in and around Catlett, Virginia yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I started this because I didn't want it to get lost in that other thread. First let me say that I pretty much knew going out there wouldn't lead to anything. I say "pretty much" because I thought I might find a secret location known only to a few locals, an antenna site or something.

There is some interesting things in the area. The CIA has Warrenton Sites A, B, C, and D. There cover is that they are U.S. Army training facilities but everybody knows they are really CIA. I've personally driven by Sites C and D. Site D has two huge radomes which is part of the State Department / CIA Diplomatic Telecommunications Service. It is also called DTS Brandy. There are several of these DTS sites all over the world. The ones I know about are Brandy Station, VA; former Richmond NAS, Miami, FL; Opana, HI; Guam; RAF Croughton, England; and possibly one at the former Clark AFB in the Philippines.

Other sites are certainly in or around these locations but they have not been confirmed: Sao Paulo, Brazil; Diego Garcia BIOT; Bogota , Columbia; Madrid, Spain; Santa Clara, CA; Irving, Texas; Haarlem, The Netherlands. There are certainly others, that are not so readily recognizable

These places are pretty easy to spot. They are relay stations so there are two radomes, one to transmit and one to receive. The worldwide networked almost certainly send stuff to Brandy Station which then sends the info to the DTS program office in Fairfax, VA and also to the State Departments facility in Beltsville, MD.

Oh yeah, outside Catlett I didn't see anything except a few cows and I didn't experience any missing time.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

Hey Jack,

What happened in Catlett, VA that would make you go there?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

And I had almost forgotten the tales of blinding lights, missing time, and finding yourself suddenly driving back the opposite way.

The memories of mysterious black houses that buzzed strangely from their shimmering mettalic coating had almost seemed a dream.

The legends of heroic warriers braving the unkown to get photographs and bring forth the truth. Proving once and for all that a place called Moonraker ranch really exists and that they are so bold they have posted a sign. Yes the legends have told us of the sign and lo, it had been found.

I could go on, but I guess I'm bored already.

Did you happen to drive on Burwell?

You know, Before the whats going on in Catlett thread was pretty thoroughly debunked, or at least forced the OP[s] to recant or alter the story to the point of perfectly normal explanations, I actually was considering going there, it's not that far and I could easily have taken a 3-4 day weekend with my girlfriend (she loves vacations) If I lived closer I would have went anyway for some camping or whatever.

It seems that you found the "normal" stuff, I mean they are probably up to some secret stuff in there and who knows what it really is but my whole trip was the house. I wouldn't have expected to go there to get some missing time, but I wanted to see the house.

Anyway, Good work scouting and I hope you at least had a good time.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

Hey Jack,

What happened in Catlett, VA that would make you go there?

The original thread is here
What's going on in Catlett VA

It is a good thread and I recomend you check it out if you haven seen it. I have become a skeptic on the issue myself but you really should give it a browse and decide for yourself.

-Deny Ignorance and enjoy

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I grew up there- and on the previous link about this whole rediculous story- agreed with you and everyone else who is from Northern Virginia that it is no more militarized than Crystal City or DC itself. I mean it doesent take a rocket scientist to figure out that DC is the Hubb of all DOD and CIA agencies and operation.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I can state from my extensive experience in the Commonwealth, that a lot does go on within Virginia (in terms of Government activity). However, most of it you will never learn of, and what you do learn will only represent a minimal amount of information. It can be a lot of fun to "Discover" Langley, the NSA and NRO Offices, and so forth, and as long as you do not trespass, you can observe and stand proud of having found a piece of the Vast Network that establishes our National Security Apparatus.

I remember the very first time that I actually turned to look at Langley through the leafless Winter trees, and it astounded me how much it truly resembled a Fortress upon the Hill. Lol I actually know some individuals as well who have accidentally turned into certain facilities, and before they could explain their situation, they were surrounded by Security Response Teams, and a few of them were actually brought to the ground at gunpoint. They were truly understanding of the reaction however, and they held forth no resentment towards such.

As for Catlett, VA, well I have been through there quite a few times, especially when attempting to bypass the infamous Northbound I-95 Jam-ups. I have witnessed a few buildings and set-ups here or there, but by-in-large it is nothing but rolling Corn fields and woods.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I grew up there- and on the previous link about this whole rediculous story- agreed with you and everyone else who is from Northern Virginia that it is no more militarized than Crystal City or DC itself. I mean it doesent take a rocket scientist to figure out that DC is the Hubb of all DOD and CIA agencies and operation.

You are completely on point, as "Government Workers" happen to be the status quo where I reside. I have multiple neighbors on my street alone, who work for various aspects and entities of the Federal Governments. I know even more such individuals within my community, and within the immediate area. As a matter of fact, a close friend of my family had a family member of theirs who worked within the WH years ago. The WH held a huge celebration for them when they decided to have their Wedding Ceremony there. I myself have even been inside the WH, and not while on a tour I might mention.

Growing up in and around Washington, D.C., you tend to come across a rather unique, and completely fascinating world.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Im in Santa Clara, CA, where is that one? all I know about is Moffett and this place with 5 large dishes
37.404788, -122.028156

Then in the same area we have the NASA Research Center
37.408870, -122.064430

[edit on 4/24/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Check out a contractor called "Terramark". They are a big infosec/telecom company that handles these facilities for the State dept/CIA. They have facilities very near the government installations. I don't want to link to them from here. I don't exactly know where the facilities for Santa Clara or Irving are. I've been looking for two "golf balls" near these places on google maps for a while now. The Santa Clara one, I suspect is either at a place called Camp Roberts or it's on this Reserve military training area east of Santa Clara called Camp Parks near Pleasanton. I think Camp Parks is the more likely location as Terremark lists Pleasanton as one of their locations. There are dish antenna at these locations but no radomes as far as google mapos tells me. It may be in an entirely different location too.

new topics

top topics

join