It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham-Hicks, questioning the technique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I was wondering how you guys feel about the Abraham-Hicks publications?

I've read the books, saw the you tube movies and I must say, the books read real easy and kind off make you happy towards the end. They are inspirational to say the least.

But then I asked some of my friends to see the movies and some commented that Esther Hicks almost uses brainwashing techniques, like the constant repeating of certain words and sentenses. It's a technique that is also used by cults or in cultisch religions.
Probably to promote her own material... and get her followers.

Besides all that I still like the material, although it doesn't seem to work for everyone and it seems 'to easy and to good' to be true...

So is she a reliable source of information? Or is she a clever woman who knows how to manipulate the public for her own agenda?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Of course her work was where "The Secret" came from.

I have also read the books. Fun and interesting read. I guess for me it comes down to how she is getting the information and how does that FEEL to me.

How do you feel that her teachings are based on translations of thought she says she channels from a group of non-physical entities called Abraham? (tapping into "infinite intelligence")

I think whether you believe in everything about it or you don't, there are some positives that can help you live your life.

As far as Esther goes, she does seem to have a knack for communicating
gotta run

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I saw and read the secret first, afterwards I found out that Hicks was in the first production of the secret movie and removed in later versions. So it's logic to say that the secret is based partly on Abraham-Hicks translations (I didn't know that when I started looking ito all this.)

Like I said, it's an interesting theory, but the fact that she channels the information leaves me with a big questionmark. The way she brings it to the public leaves me with an even bigger one :p

When I look at the video's I can't really believe that Esther isn't there anymore, but instead an 'infinite being' took over her body... it looks to much like propaganda to me...
Then when I see what they charge for attending a seminare, on a luxery cruse ship, wow, that's not for the middle class people!
Makes me wonder if the basis of her teachings are imaginary (aswell?)

but I guess, "if it works, then it works no matter where it comes from" lol.
What brings me back to the 'brainwash' factor... if she makes you believe that it works then we are just kidding ourselfs

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You might find this thread interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
hm thanks for the link
although I have not read trough all 64 or so pages, I didn't see anything about Hicks there...
maybe I missed it

new topics

top topics

join