It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is reality and life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Will be interesting to get different viewpoints on this question.

Personally, after some investigation and contemplation, I think that reality is a timeless and therefore infinite, quantum holographic (made of light), instantaneous transluminal, non-localized, information processing, consciously aware, and consciously generated, geometrically designed matrix. A God-matrix (if you can forgive me the use of the G-word) if you will, which is, at heart, driven by principals, or corresponding moral implications arising from the faithful application of known laws, laws of light, life, and of love, where love is causative, and generative of new creation and new possibility - all operating within an eternally unfolding present moment in time (timeless universal presence of now). I see a hiearchy of life in endless manifestations, each ascending an increasing higher level of comlexity and information exchange, or higher orders of consciousness, and self-other-world awareness, and I recognize man as expressing the apex of this impulse to increasing complexity and consciousness, in spite of our problems and downfalls or shortcomings, from a psychological and socio-political economic or world system matrix perspective, which is just an illusion, a social construct.

I am therefore forced to conclude, as much as an eternal optimist, as a realist, that at the very fulcrum of creation, and the creative process, resides man, in relation to God, angels (HEB's highly evolved beings), some good and on our side, some jealous, preferring to see us fall and fail (jealous we represent God's most recent addition to the universal equation of consciousness and of physical-spiritual potential, given the nature of the highest expression of the creative process in universal history as represented by or expressed within man) and an absolute, objective reality that is self aware and eternal. This view is not simply the Biblical view which may appear on the face what I'm now saying, but a rational viewpoint of the universe at large (however solipsistic it may appear at first glance), with the recognition that an isolate consciousness, and materialist monist viewpoint is no longer valid based on the findings of the new science, and, given the sheer magnitude of the universe as a matrix made, by design FOR life itself, and therefore literally TEEMING with life, for all due purposes, indefinitely, and if an information processing quantum holographic mind, then it would be irrevelant to presume, that a cold dead ending for matter, would represent the end of the first/last cause and memory of all things from every angle and perspective over the entire arch of first/last causation.

So finally, I'd say that in a non-local, holographic, principal founded universal matrix of consciousness, memory (and forgiveness, and the cleansing of past error), that LOCAL MATTERS, as much as anything, and therefore it is a wise and helpful imperative to tell people that they ought to be first getting with the program, and then proceeding to store up for themselves treasure in heaven, where thief cannot break in and steal and where neigther rust nor woodworm (decay, chaos-dissipation) can destroy.

Man either crawls along the ground in the mud (where some "jealous Gods" may wish to see us slither), or, is curagious enough to stand relative to the center and source of it all, say yes to God, and no to the evil one, and there, at that fulcrum of a great cosmic conspiracy and controversy over spiritual authority, say to the mountain, MOVE, and see it move (mountain of future historical causation eminating within the unfolding of human history), recognizing full well that the mountain of future historical causation begins within ones own consciousness, and from there, from one sphere of influence to the next, by love, to everyone, and ultimately to everything - until the collective humanity itself will begin to send out a wave of compassion, and recieve one in kind from above, and in the twinkling of an eye, we will enter the eternal kingdom of light and love, and it will enter into the sphere of human being, globally (the day the PTB would wish to avoid, since it would lay low their machinaations and therefore moutains of power and influence) and as Gandhi said, God will come to the starving, in the form of food.

Sorry for waxing poetic and prophetic, but there's no where else to go imho.

The great work of the cross (and please, remember what I said about the true nature of man) will not be undone, and man will not descend into hell nor give in to the demonic nature, NO, somehow, we will learn to harness, the laws, not of physics per se, but the higher law of life and light that everything points to, and then, man may be said to have re-discovered the sacred fire, and around that fire, we will work collaboratively together, on a new map of the world and reality, founded on mutuality and brotherly love, and we will come to know God and that we, together ARE God, and are one with God, begotten, redeemed, eternally saved, eternally treasured, and there will be a new heaven and a new earth, and people generations from now, will see our world, and our social matrix, as an utter insanity, and the old map will only be viewed in hindsight, for what did NOT work and was no longer workable. That day cannot come soon enough!

I believe that the ultimate ultimate reality, is actually an idea and a new map of reality, whose time has come, and that somehow this idea, or eschaton, will draw all people to itself to give them the realization that everything is one, even though we each have our own unique experience of that one reality.

Therefore, as we stand relative to the as yet uncreated eternally unfolding future-present moment of infinite possibility, I'm very hopeful. I think that mankind has a LOT of potential, and an INFINITE amount of love and support from all around (of course the good angels outnumbering the bad by many orders of magnitude, given the true nature of a principal centered and driven causation).

That's what I think.

What are your thoughts on the subject, and is there anything of value that ought to be done or made manifest do you think, based on that understanding or intepretation? And what do you think about what I just wrote?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Im going to simplify all of this because it is pretty abstract to begin with and am going to give a one word answer.

you

You have a pretty cool and imaginative conclusion and I wouldnt disagree. I think that these angels are actually manifestations of our own consciousness.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
how about WE or EVERYTHING or nothing and everything?

Cause it's not just me.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Its all you. You are the one and the most beautiful thing in the world.

If everything is one, everything is you. We would be I.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
That's even more solipsistic than what I had in mind, and more freightening, requiring even MORE courage!

But I must also honour the place in you that shares that place in me.

So I say to you,

Namiste (short bow with hands together)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
HAHA! Its pretty crazy to think about.

look within, though art the buddha.

The foot feels the foot when it touches the ground.

Thats not really our life though. We dont live like that, as one with the entire universe. If we did than... we would not be human. But we are human and we dont live through such a high awareness of reality. We may, but were not conscious of it. I may be everything in existence, but Im sure as hell not very aware of it. I mean, that may be the case, but Im still human. Im still just Wisen Heimer typing on ATS right now. That part of me that is everything is so fleeting that its not comprehensible. Theres like a mental block that is very much in the way.

So before you blame yourself for all the misery in the world, I feel that no one is to blame. Not even yourself. Because we only know what we know and we can only do with what we understand.

So is someone truly to blame just because he did not understand? We all try to understand too. We all want to understand and I sure as hell dont know.

So this is the God and where we put our worship and prayer. These are where the angels and the devils are and all the rest like you talked about. They are the parts of us that are beyond our knowledge. Just beyond the grasps of our minds, but within our minds at the same time.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I was about to add Wisen Heimer, that if we came to understand what we'd just written, if we fully "grokked" it, then we would have ingested the seed of creation which is the very idea or eschaton I was referring to in the OP!

In fact, I've decided to return to this thread, not as much to add to it, as to contemplate it just to this point, dwell on it and really try to take it in.

But I'm pretty sure the moon is still there when I'm not looking at it, and that fish are swimming in the sea when I'm not there, and that all those galaxies were still there before the Hubble photographed them and a human being saw the photograph.

This is why I think that the Buddhist view goes to far into an absolute solipsism, and that we are in fact framed within a loving I-thou relationship, between self and God, self and other, and between subjective experience and absolute objective truth or reality, and furthermore, I also think that I am a distinct self, and that you are you and I am me, but that we 'merely' share the same ground of being and becoming.

Or can we really see that a drop of consciousness, in a sea of consciousness is not a drop separaate from the sea?

And, could it be that we are at the final stage or the pot of gold at the farthest reaches of the full spectrum of all being and becoming? And if so, could it then not be said that all of creation could be groaning in travail for the 'revelations of the sons of God' to redeem creation from the grip of a temporal, materialist hierachy of domination and submission, by bringing or leading mankind, even if only one person at a time, through the royal arch of which Christ is the keystone, into a new domain or realm of everlasting freedom from which we can freely come and go? I think so.

You see, if this is our true nature, as you say, yet still limited by our present form (subective experience), then surely we will inherit another nature (law of correspondance) which will have the capacity for a greater breadth of experiece of this reality, or the ability to be spread out somehow and encompassing more than one place at the same time..

Could it be that we are in actuality children of God and 'children of light', who, when we shed this form will enter into a domain of light and love and be given bodies of light? Then again, it can certainly be proven now that the bodies we already have are "bodies of light" and that we are already framed relative to what is eternal, even now..

This is what I suspect - that we're just one step away in this present form, but that it may be foolish to try to do more than prepare for the next level, while accepting ourselves and others as we are now.

I will work to continue to try to evolve my own consciousness awareness for several more months and then revisit this thread.

But I really think it's all about the pursuit of mutual understanding, of an inquiry into the other, while allowing them to inquire into us, mutuality being the operative word.

Absolute solipsism is absolute lonliness, and we can see from the creation, that it's more about a great big party, than it is about one lone soul. And this is why I opt for a Christian viewpoint, that the final framework of the relativity of human being, with integrity of self in tact, is a family affair, within a universal 'mansion' or house of immense proportion, of which we are in holographic terms, like a "chip off the old block" at least in potentia.

"What is man that thou art mindful of him?"

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
OP, thank you, i love your thinking.
And i also love your avatar pic

I haven't much time now to give you a satisfying reply but i will return later if i can.
Just wanted to let you know that i show an interest

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Thanks, I love you too!

I love you ALL!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
We are all parts, of a grand whole, equally a part of it, and one with it. From nothing comes nothing, the Universe has always been, and it is conscious of itself.

Enjoy the dream, and make sure to go out side and see the dream more often. It is beautiful once you can clearly see it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
...does no one have anything to add to this thread..?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
screwed up and double posted by accident

[edit on 24-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I love your viewpoint Omega.

I think universal truth vibrates inside the experienced soul.

I don't like the idea that the TJ (Talmud Jmmanuel) is attached to Billy Meier's name.

Both that book and the 4 books of Christ in the bible. Ressonate inside my soul quite strongly. I always felt I knew what Christ was talking about, but I could never explain it to another person, like the words to describe it didn't exist.

Anyways, trust what you feel. I am finding when I do that even if the choice was a mistake in the long run, It makes me feel wiser.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I suspect that the "three wise men from the Orient" who brought gifts to the "birthplace" of Christ were Lao Tzu, Confucious, and Buddha who lived as contemporaries something like 500 years prior, with the star of Bethlehem representing what I would call the star of solipsistic isolate consciousness.. in other words, that when he appropriated and integrated those learnings and synthesized them with his Jewish mysticism, then the Christ was born, the man himself was probably born amidst controversy being ah hem fatherless, and left searching for his true father in heaven, which he seems to have identified and idenfiyed himself with. The mind of Christ may be considered like a sphere within a sphere, both of which expand continually in increasing degrees of conscious awareness and spiritual growth, to infinity and eternity.

This view does nothing to detract from the Christian message I don't think, nor belittles in any way the notion of the manifestation of spirit in human form personified in Jesus Christ.

"And as my father sent me, even so send I you."

He was born from above, of and by the spirit - the circumstances of his physical birth are irrelevant. This is my view of the birth of Christ, and his re-birth again in this age, through me, through us.

And I hope people can forgive me for waxing Christian in this thread, which is open to ANY and ALL interpretations of the question posed in the title.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think that separation is an illusion, and that all is one and that all is mind or self aware being functioning in a realm of infinite possibility as we move from the present into the as yet unborn future. The implication of this is that we already possess the ability to recreate ourselves and the world at large at any given moment without any externally imposed restriction.

From a psychological perspective, our brain-self, as a recording device of what went before, and as a subjective interpreter generating the conception of a separate self, may be considered an enemy of sorts unless and until is surrenders it's will to power and control to the higher will of universal mind, who's will I think is the will to love and be loved, where love may be defined as the will to give of one's self for the sake of the other, any other in recognition that self and other share the same ground of being and becoming.

And all Christianity represents therefore, is a model, contained within the holographic universe pointing to the notion that the relativity of human being is a family affair whereby we all live in the same house of God, and are reconciled to God and to one another, in the space of forgiveness from the subjective prison of past mistakes and transgressions.

Thus the requirement to forgive in turn, is a requirement to etner into the eternal realm of all being and becoming, where all is one and without end (no time). The "kingdom of heaven" is now.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Dear OmegaPoint,

I hope you will not find my viewpoint condescending. It is a learned viewpoint, but it is learned in the same way that some occasionally find they must re-learn an ability that they have too long neglected to use.

Part of the problem of life is that a being is capable of being aware not only of his own universe, but also of the universes of others, and on top of that the universe of agreed physical reality. Each of these universes could be said to exist based on a set of truths that is independent from the others. A common game of beings is to go around and try to convince other beings that their universe is the most important. However, it is not necessary for beings to agree to coexist. It is only convenient.

There is not one reality. Physical reality is simply what most people agree on. We all helped create it, but we are not actually bound by it. Most of us, however, consider that we are bound by it, or I might say, trapped in it.

Life consists of all the different activities and universes listed above, and many others not listed. The whole of life is very expansive - difficult for just one being to embrace. But for most, if one could only strike a better balance between the freedom of creating one's own universe and the barriers imposed by the physical universe, the game of life would be fun and essentially endless.

What you gain if you can discover a way to bring a more workable balance into your life is an incredible sense of freedom and control. However, most who attempt this trip over a very compelling realization: If they found a way, don't they have a responsibility to help everyone else find it too?

If your search for the answers leads you to a knowledge as compelling as what I found in my search, this feeling of responsibility may become a very important part of your life. That's what happened to me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I don't really think there is a 'reality' outside of who or what we are. After all, our minds are what create our reality.

I enjoyed reading this, and I look forward to thinking about it more over my day at work tomorrow.

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think there's a paradox of the neccessity for influence and leadership, as well as an inevitable and inexorable attachment to an outcome, both of which reside in the gap between what is, and what ought to be. And so, as you move up the pyramid of realization and conscious awareness, there's this point, where to be good, one must dare to be Godly and dare to wield authority. So on the one hand, there's this wonderful, exploratory, emergent process of discovery, a bottom up wellspring of inquiry, and that is good, but then at some point, you run headlong into a controversy, surrounding the issue of authority and rightness or righteousness, and so I am suggesting that in the grand scheme of things, there are, distributed universally, powers and principalities who may be caught up in the grip of this universal controversy over spiritual authority, and man, being at the apex of the long march of cosmic evolution, could very well be at center stage in some unfathonable cosmic drama. It's the kind of thing that could drive a weak minded person into madness..

...unless the final standard of judgement, and the excercise of power and authority, is measured by, and driven by, love.. where love may be defined as the will, to give of self, for the sake of the other. Within that type of family framework, it holds together with integrity, the entire structure, from the bottom up and from the top down. However, then we could end up back where we started, by having to consider the concept of loving discipline in light of what's righteous and serves the best interests of one and all.

I suppose I am alluding to the notion that reality is a product of consciousness, and consciousness, bound by social systems of accountibility, and that therefore, woven right into the heart of reality, is neccessitated the need for politics. The Judeo-Christian Religious traditions would be a prime example of this fact.

I think I'm also posing a question about a type of universal structure of civilized progress, whereby the higher, for the most part (except and unless in rebellion against the spiritual authority) always comes to serve the lower, to raise what is low up into increasing higher heights of conscious awareness and spiritual evolution. In other words, that "they" are not unwilling to intervene when it may become appropriate and neccessary, and this too I suspect forms the basis both of the Judeo-Christian traditions, as well as even the foundation of human civilization itself!

So yes, I would be referring here to a hierarchy of beings, wielding technologies which to us woul be indestinguishable from magic playing a role in the ancient biblical history..

Warning:
This thread is made, by-design, to "cook your noodle".

[edit on 14-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Put another way - in the midst of all being and becoming and in the gap between what is and what ought to be, religion is an expression of the inevitable consequences of the socio-political implications of reality itself.

It raises the question, what are our mutual committments and obligations to one another in mutuality, and why?

top topics

join