It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Coli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is not nescasary a conspiracy. It will take a second to make sense too you as-well, I hope. Anybody notice the increase in E-coli contamination in our food-sources recently, mostly factory produced. Well, twice is a coincidence. Take into consideration the failure of terrorists to hit us since 9/11, as well as the increased incidence in poisoning. They are trying to hit us, but, thank god, it is not working.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is just alot of food being handled these days. There are alot more of us on this planet to feed. I see carelessness as the main culprit; not infiltration attacks or germ plants necessarily.
I live very near the poultry capital of this country and have heard people complaining about the speeds at which they must process fowl to meet demands. Accidents within these lines are up as well. Generally, these plants run three shifts; two daytime ones do the actual cutting, cleaning etc and then the night shift for cleaning the machinery.
Lately, the entire 24 hours is for production; with the exception of Sunday evening being the only night for swabbing the decks.
This noted, the chances of an ecoli outbreak or incident are obvious and likely.
I am not sure how operations at meat packaging facilities are, however, there are probably some similarites.

Peace...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
one of the largest sources of ecoli is inside your own body, wheres its essential component.

Therefore, its not a big leap of the imagination that you consider the increase in takeaway/restaurant food with ignorant staff deciding not to wash their hands after bathroom visits, to be a major contributing factor

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It really amazes me how many people don't wash their hands after using "the facilities":

Who washes hands after using the bathroom?
Handwashing is one of the most important control measures for preventing the spread of bacteria. Although young children are taught the procedure through different types of behavior modification, its effect has not been measured in older children. We have documentation that adults and health care workers have a compliance rate of only 50% with this basic control measure. This article reports on the compliance rate, duration, and handwashing techniques used by middle and high school students after using the bathroom.

Many Don't Wash Hands After Using the Bathroom
In the nationwide poll... 1,013 adults were interviewed about their hand washing habits. Then observers were sent into public restrooms to see what actually happened. 91% of adults claimed in the poll that they washed their hands after using a public restroom. But of the 6,336 adults whose behavior was observed, only 82% actually did so. Women, the study found, were more diligent than men: 90% washed their hands, compared with only 75% of the men.

Many Skip Bathroom Hand Washing
Survey: Many Travelers Coast Through U.S. Airports Without Washing Their Hands

>30% of people using restrooms in NY airports, 19% of those in Miami's airport & 27% in Chicago are not bothering to wash their hands, according to researchers who observed the hand washing habits of 7,500 people as they passed through airports in 6 cities. But 95% of men & 97% of women travelers passing through the Toronto International Airport washed their hands. Overall, 78% of travelers washed their hands in airport bathrooms...

1 in 3 men don't wash after bathroom visit: Number of those who don't scrub up on rise, study finds
One-third of men didn't bother to wash after using the bathroom, compared with 12 percent of women...

Handwashing Conflict: Bathroom Design Failure
Bathroom Design May Contribute Spread of Germs!

Washing Hands After Bathroom: (Real) Reasons Why You Should Wash Your Hands
I'm totally grossed out by the number of men I see in public bathrooms who don't wash their hands, some even after defecating. I would guesstimate the percentage of men who don't wash their hands to be around 75%. Furthermore, some who do wash their hands often simply run their hands under running water for a split second, no soap (they're usually the ones who pull out like three sheets of paper towel too, when one is sufficient).

Office of Communicable Diseases: Why is Hand Washing Important?
Germs and viruses causing these diseases, are passed by such routine things as handling food, touching doorknobs, shaking hands, and putting your mouth on a telephone receiver. The spread of many germs and viruses can be reduced by hand washing with soap and water.

Fry Guy Doesn't Wash Bathroom Hands, Gets Public Shaming
When the sign says, "employees must wash hands after using bathroom," Brent takes it very seriously. He says he was using the toilet at a Wendy's, and spotted a worker use the bathroom and head right back to fondling the fries without scrubbing his hands. That's when Brent decided to call out the guy in front of the entire restaurant. Here's his story and what happened next...

What's which all the guys not washing up afterwards? Geez!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wellll.....I imagine that the people on the production line do not wash that frequently
either.
That is when they have the opportunity of using the restroom facilities...

Peace...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Valid points. But, I am talking about the peanut butter type incedents. Not restaurants.
Honestly, It is alot more realistic then Gov.. agents poisoning us.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mx3209212
Valid points. But, I am talking about the peanut butter type incedents. Not restaurants.
Honestly, It is alot more realistic then Gov.. agents poisoning us.

Could you give an example of the peanut butter incidents?

Also, why would this be a Government conspiracy? There are no benefits to having a few peanut butter lovers off work/school with food poisoning. I eat peanut butter quite often and have had no ill effects.

The previous posts have explained that unsanitary habits are a more likely culprit. There are people who work in peanut butter factories, and if the above figures about bathroom habits are correct, then there is a possibility that these people are to blame, and not peanut hating government agents

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It was made clear this was not a conspiracy at all, I said terrorism. Terrorism; terror and conspiracy are two totally separate things - although I am sure you are one to blame everything on the spooks, right? Case-closed.

The recent incidents include, but are not limited too: peanut butter, spinach, chickens, and too the last of my memory the tomatoes, is this valid enoughe?

M

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

It was made clear this was not a conspiracy at all, I said terrorism. Terrorism; terror and conspiracy are two totally separate things - although I am sure you are one to blame everything on the spooks, right? Case-closed.

I've not blamed anything on 'spooks', I blamed it on hygiene. So despite all the facts being just a small scroll away you've managed to come to the wrong conclusion

The recent incidents include, but are not limited too: peanut butter, spinach, chickens, and too the last of my memory the tomatoes, is this valid enoughe?

M

I also asked for evidence, but you failed to supply any.
If this was terrorism, then surely they would use something more lethal than ecoli, ie cyanide, arsenic, powdered glass

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Your aboslutely right. BUT - if they got this large scale, it would be bad. food supply would be in short. End of story.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Your aboslutely right. BUT - if they got this large scale, it would be bad. food supply would be in short. End of story.

Not really the end of the story. Have a look in your cupboards and see how many different types of food you have. They would have to hit ALL food groups to cause that sort of problem, otherwise consumers would be made aware of contaminated batches and switch to alternatives and/or manufacturers change source.
Once a problem has occurred, the media reports are usually quick off the mark (Dead viewers = Lower viewing figures), with shops quickly pulling contaminated (or even suspected) stock off their shelves (No consumers = No profit)

A slower acting containment would have to be used, but would show up under stringent tests that all food producers have to adhere to.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Never though of that - you raised a VERY good point. Who knows, maybe a pathetic cell. I think the case is settled though, thanks!

new topics

top topics

join