It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI, states expanding DNA databases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

FBI, states expanding DNA databases

www.msnbc.msn.com

Law enforcement officials are vastly expanding their collection of DNA to include millions more people who have been arrested or detained but not yet convicted. The move, intended to help solve more crimes, is raising concerns about the privacy of petty offenders and people who are presumed innocent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Think the ACLU will have an issue with this? This is the road we are going down. And I really dont think it matteres which "party" is in office. Both sides are being lobbied to push this agenda forward... I'll look for another article I read recently about the 10 likely changes for the future...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by world_dogma

Should the ACLU give two hoots and a fanny? I think not. I mean, there will be nothing to stop it. It is a racket. As in racketeering. This just elevates this. Now there is no stopping the prison-state. What is that horrible actor?

edit: Christopher Lambert, that kooky guy, and the film was Fortress.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by pluckynoonez]

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-4-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
by what means are they extracting people's DNA?
and for what purposes could they actually use it?
any DNA forensic-type work is rather expensive.

I have a feeling this is more psy-ops than anything, designed to scare us out of our little pants, which it will inevitably do for some.

You have been Neuro-Linguistically Programmed to find this scary.

Wasn't this concept in one of the first episodes of the X-Files?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is a truly dire situation. It won't be long until they have a database of everyone, whether we've ever committed a crime or not. If memory serves, Jehovah's Witnesses are exempt from having their DNA collected because of their beliefs, maybe it's time we all "convert."

TheAssociate

join